• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JPP Gets Slapped With The Franchise Tag

Saca312

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

This has a pretty big ripple effect on the market, with the top tier pass rushers locked up in a very poor DE FA class. Expect some teams to overpay the mediocre.

A awful free agency pool gets even worse and that will continue with teams signing there own before the 9th.

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

This has a pretty big ripple effect on the market, with the top tier pass rushers locked up in a very poor DE FA class. Expect some teams to overpay the mediocre.

Indeed.

Makes Addison's deal look pretty sweet [for us, i.e. good value].  With all those names gone and his sack numbers, I bet he easily could have gotten 9M a year if he tried free agency.  Very glad he stayed with the Panthers.

7 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Only if plans on screwing himself. 

Go ahead, let him sit out a year. Losing value, and losing guaranteed money this year.

JPP has expressed his extreme disdain at the possibility of a Franchise Tag on him. He's made extreme comments concerning that, and he may truly follow through.

Although unlikely, don't expect it as something that couldn't happen, especially if your value is about $17 million a year already.

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

JPP has expressed his extreme disdain at the possibility of a Franchise Tag on him. He's made extreme comments concerning that, and he may truly follow through.

Although unlikely, don't expect it as something that couldn't happen, especially if your value is about $17 million a year already.

I will laugh my ass of at that idiot if he decides to sit out this upcoming season. 

Then again, he did blow his hand off. Will still be hilarious.

Archived