• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chiefs looking to make Eric Berry highest paid safety

gorillamilitia13

Per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788208/article/chiefs-working-to-make-eric-berry-highestpaid-safety

I expect a deal to be worked out in the coming days. 

Maybe its time to get realistic with our FA signings. Now that I think about it when was the last time the Panthers signed a highly sought after, big name free agent? Look for us to fill our free agent needs via the Mike Mitchell, Kurt Coleman type people. 

1 hour ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Look for us to fill our free agent needs via the Mike Mitchell, Kurt Coleman type people. 

I am fine with these examples. Both Mike and Kurt are very good (certainly not Berry good) safeties. There are a lot of mid-level safeties available as FA.  Hopefully, Dave picks from the middle of the list, and not bargain basement.

We'll have an elite safety if we draft one and develop him. But yeah, I don't think you're gonna see us pay a FA safety $10M+ per season.

The same is true for CB. I don't think we'll ever be in play for elite FAs at that position, but we lucked into Norman in the 5th round and we were willing to pay him very well to keep him we just weren't willing to make a zone CB the highest paid DB in football.

15 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Anyone the legitimatey thought he was coming home is literally stupid. He's not worth being the highest paid safety 

Not worth it even though he beat us, the Falcons, and Saints, virtually by himself?  OK.

5 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Per NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788208/article/chiefs-working-to-make-eric-berry-highestpaid-safety

I expect a deal to be worked out in the coming days. 

Maybe its time to get realistic with our FA signings. Now that I think about it when was the last time the Panthers signed a highly sought after, big name free agent? Look for us to fill our free agent needs via the Mike Mitchell, Kurt Coleman type people. 

Done...Eric Berry is now the highest paid Safety in the NFL signing a 6 yr 78 million deal

Archived