• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Salary Cap Set

OldNorthPowell

At the end of the day I don't get this poo. I don't get how teams have negative caps and still sign people. I don't get dead money vs guaranteed vs other poo. At least it makes more sense then the compensatory pick formula.

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.40.20 AM.png

This is the current outlook of the teams salary cap information without the Addison, Horton, Jacobs, and Silatolu deals included. My guess is that those deals will take up to about $30 million in cap space currently. 

There still could be a few cuts to be made like Dickson and Gano but that would save only $5 mil on the cap.

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/

38 minutes ago, joemac said:

That's not as much as I thought, especially with the signings we've already had. We really don't have much of poo to bring in anyone worth anything.

All that doesn't change how DG and the Panthers operate. Even with the cap space the the browns have, DG would never go on a spending spree adding.multiple high priced free agents. It's never the answer.

We have room to work with. We have room to retain the core guys that are up for new contracts, AND  one blue chip FA that DG feels is a perfect fit. 

Our team is a very competitive team, and tough to beat when we aren't beating ourselves. We got that way in part to DG.   He will continue to build this team stronger, and he won't have to use multiple high priced FAs to do it.

Archived