• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

People are going to say we got fleeced in this but here's the truth. Kony wasn't making the team this year. He's in the final year of his contract too so good luck with that New England. 

This is a HUGE step for Gettleman imo. He's showing that he can admit to past mistakes. 

We have two second round picks now- smells like a move back into the first. 

you sir have got the right idea.  

Honestly at a glance unless NE turns ealy into a starter,  we won this trade

1 minute ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Don't know how I feel about this. Making a trade with the Pats makes me wary, they're prolly gonna turn Ealy into a stud. Pats 2nd round pick is also basically a 3rd round pick.

Ealy is a dud. He will be serviceable at best. We basically got that pick back to get a better player or move back in the first. Who cares what the Patriots do with him

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The Godfather just snuck Belichick

They moved back 8 spots for our starting defensive end last year. Can't say that we are getting away with robbery here.

This has to be Gettleman admitting it didn't work out. I'm extremely surprised. 

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Adams and Ross/Howard in round one fellas.

This is what I'm thinking/hoping. Especially on the Ross front. We are lacking speed in a big way with the departure of Ginn. We obviously have interest with the scheduling of a private workout with him. We have to fill that void. 

I'd love this if it ended up happening. 

4 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Don't know how I feel about this. Making a trade with the Pats makes me wary, they're prolly gonna turn Ealy into a stud. Pats 2nd round pick is also basically a 3rd round pick.

Our 2nd round pick and the NE 2nd round pick can be combined to move back into the first round for a better DE than Kony. Those two picks have the value of the #22 pick.

3 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Not nearly as happy finding out it was our original 3rd instead of the comp 3rd.  Just to move up 8 spots and lose a starter.  No, I'm back to thinking Gettleman is incompetent.

Ealy isn't a starter.

Archived