• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dontari Poe to ATL....Thoughts??

SetfreexX

9 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Its your claim that he's "highly overrated" im simply challenging it. You prove it, bub.

With what? Give me something. He has back issues. He sucked against the run last year, which is his only purpose. And considering he was seeking a much bigger contract, that's a very telling FACT. Check PFF. Check KC fans. Check anything. Find me something that says he played well last year. 

Now, what you got?

Low risk/ high reward signing for us. It's a one year deal, if sucks he's gone and we aren't in a financial mess. He also has the incentive to ball out this year due to said contract. Could go either way. 
With this draft being weak at DT, we needed this. Now we can select an edge rusher at 31 and our defense will be mostly complete. 
Oh...and we blew a 25 pt lead in the Super Bowl. 

Yeah,

I was wondering what you would do with DT and with Freeney gone, what would be ATL plan to get a edge rusher. Do you think that you can find a decent one at 31? How about LB for you guys? Just don't let something like that distract you from the fact that in nineteen ninety eight, the undertaker threw mankind off hell in a cell and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 minute ago, Paintballr said:

Yeah,

I was wondering what you would do with DT and with Freeney gone, what would be ATL plan to get a edge rusher. Do you think that you can find a decent one at 31? How about LB for you guys? Just don't let something like that distract you from the fact that in nineteen ninety eight, the undertaker threw mankind off hell in a cell and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

Lol.  I watched that match this past weekend. Still awesome.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

You must not have watched any Falcon's games last year.

Grady Jarrett is and will still be the Falcons best DT next year.  Jarrett had 3 sacks with 48 tackles last season, Poe had 1.5 and 27.

And if the Falcons hadn't blown their Super Bowl lead (hahaha), Jarrett had a good chance of being Super Bowl MVP (dude had 3 sacks and 5 tackles).

The Falcons D-line was terrible, Jarrett impact was minimal. Congratulations Jarrett is like Ealy the could of  should of SB MVP.

Chiefs' defensive stats WITH Dontari Poe on the field in 2016

-Yards per play allowed: 5.4

-Yards per carry allowed on runs up the middle: 4.5

-Opponent's percentage of run plays on third down: 48.7

Chiefs' defensive stats WITHOUT Dontari Poe on the field in 2016

-Yards per play allowed: 6.0

-Yards per carry allowed on runs up the middle: 5.3

-Opponent's percentage of run plays on third down: 62.5

Poe's impact doesn't show in stat sheets

16 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Yeah,

Hopefully one of Derrek Barnett, TJ Watt, or Haason Riddick(doubtful but would freaking love this pick) will be there. I can also see OG being a possibility with our 1st pick. 

Due to our position, this might also be the first year TD trades down, something he's never done. 

48 minutes ago, Toomers said:

With what? Give me something. He has back issues. He sucked against the run last year, which is his only purpose. And considering he was seeking a much bigger contract, that's a very telling FACT. Check PFF. Check KC fans. Check anything. Find me something that says he played well last year. 

Now, what you got?

Your FACTS are GARBAGE.

2 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Are you done? Poe just finished 15th out of 32 starting DTs and is declining at rapid pace due to his back.

So every nfl team runs a 3-4? 

I don't think it's an impact signing I'm just playing devil's advocate.... but most teams have 2 starting dts.

Archived