• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman trades back into Round 1....

SCP

Nipster Poll  

175 members have voted

1. 1. If DG trades back into RD1, what would be your favorite combo?

• OJ Howard/Cam Robinson
    • Fournette/Cam Robinson
    • Sol Thomas/McCaffrey
    • Corey Davis/Dalvin Cook
    • Derek Barnett/Ryan Ramczyk
    • Jamal Adams/Kamara
    • Other

if we keep J.Stew then McCaffrey solves two problems for us. While he may not be an everydown back (although that narrative is overhyped), he can fill some of the ted ginn role and provide us a deadly threat to spell stewart when needed. Really warming to the idea of taking this guy. 

Of course we could take the kid from Ohio State (Samuels?) in a later round and not have to trade back in. He's not as capable as McCaffrey but he doesn't cost as much either. 

24 minutes ago, SCP said:

The thought of Cam throwing to Olsen and Howard is really growing on me.  Get him and a nice RB or OT would go a long way to helping this offense.

Couple of reasons why I like this.

Shula wants a top notch TE.  We can give him one here.

Howard will help our running game without hindering the pass game.  

We are a run first offense If Howard is a good run blocking TE that they say he is than you pull the trigger at 8.

11 minutes ago, SCP said:

A combo of Howard and Ross was mentioned on Twitter. That'd be a nice combo as well. And it would keep Ross out of ATL, TB and NO where he would be scary.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yep that would be my ideal combo.

Howard/Ross

And then hopefully Gallman is sitting there when we pick with our comp 3rd. Hit all 3 major offensive needs with out first 3 picks.

This draft has so many special defensive players but with how we're set up its more important we address these 3 spots first for the sake of this season 

Archived