• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Bleed Carolina Blue

chknwing

5 hours ago, Your GFs favorite huddler said:

Since when did taking pride in a Public state institution become a crime? I went to a different school for athletic opportunities it doesn't make me any less of a Tarheel fan. I wasn't/couldn't pay tuition out of pocket to attend Chapel hill so I took the opportunity for free education else where... I'll say "MY HEELS" if I damn well please

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

were you born in NC? all people born in NC are Tar Heels...  that is the eternal connection to the University of the People...choosing to turn away from that is more the  negative... my son graduated from Clemson but they are forever his Heels! I applaud your stance on this issue...        

were you born in NC? all people born in NC are Tar Heels...  that is the eternal connection to the University of the People...choosing to turn away from that is more the  negative... my son graduated from Clemson but they are forever his Heels! I applaud your stance on this issue...        

Born and and bred in NC was the first of my family to go to college but everyone loves UNC....not everyone can go to college as is so I really don't get bashing people over being loyal to a state school

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

On 4/4/2017 at 5:37 PM, CPcavedweller said:

A team filled with NBA talent beat a school that kids go to in order to get an education. This game provided much clarity to my basketball affiliations; I thought I pulled for Duke generally because I liked Duke. Then I found myself with the same dreaded feeling when UNC was winning last night as I do when they play Duke and came to the realization that I don't care for Duke at all, I just chose the team with the best chance to always beat UNCheat.

LOL, how bad does your pussy hurt?

7 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

LoL... nope, not insecure whatsoever.  I'm secure in my choice of Alma Mater.  (Bachelors and Masters) I'm secure in my fandom.  I have a good job, am happily married, and have an amazing kid.

It's just that sometimes when I see all the trash bubble up about "their heels" or "their blue devils", I just feel that it is my duty to remind 99% of them that their relationship with the university is meaningless, and hope they take a good look in the mirror and chew on that a while before going back to Wal-Mart to buy another Hanes Beefy T with either logo on it.

This guy doesn't fu*k.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:23 PM, uncfan888 said:

I generally like your posts, but you sound real salty right now. 95% of people that cheer for most major teams didn't go there. It's sports.. poo happens. 

And that banner nor any other will be vacated

I'm allowed to be salty. My salt comes from the 95% you discuss and in my opinion, should be the primary argument for pay for college student athletes. The main issue I have is that it seems, based on what is known of UNC's issues, is that student comes 2nd, maybe even 3rd to athlete. It is more of a philosophical argument against the sports industrial complex within college athletics and i'd rather not discuss it here. 

To everyone else, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Your grievances have been heard and I will take none of them under consideration.  

On 4/6/2017 at 9:44 AM, ECUPantherFan said:

LoL... nope, not insecure whatsoever.  I'm secure in my choice of Alma Mater.  (Bachelors and Masters) I'm secure in my fandom.  I have a good job, am happily married, and have an amazing kid.

It's just that sometimes when I see all the trash bubble up about "their heels" or "their blue devils", I just feel that it is my duty to remind 99% of them that their relationship with the university is meaningless, and hope they take a good look in the mirror and chew on that a while before going back to Wal-Mart to buy another Hanes Beefy T with either logo on it.

ME TOO! All of this seems to be a sentiment shared by many a Pirate. The Wal-Mart fan's wouldn't understand; and to  actual UNC alums or students, I mean no offense. 

On 4/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, RoaringRiot said:

If you're affected this strongly and feel it's your "duty" to be so concerned with why someone likes another team then yes you are very, very insecure. And if you're not aware of that then you're also in denial. Sorry bud....but it's a fact and it's pretty pathetic to be honest. I'm sure you're a great person though and I hate to see you so upset about something so silly. I'm happy to get you some help or help you find a more noble cause to make your duty. 

PS....I graduated from UNCG and I love my Heels. 

This sentence highlights the issue here; this isn't about TEAMS. This is about SCHOOLS, institutions of higher learning, research, and progress for humanity. You make a mockery of that but putting the needs and desires of an athletics program over the purpose of the institution; obviously the purpose of sports in colleges and universities has changed at the highest levels. UNC, SMU, and Miami (Fl.) have all shown that. 

I went to the University of Oklahoma for my first Masters, and currently, go to NC State for another Masters degree.  I can root for whoever the f uck I want, simple as that.  

And I REALLY don't care if a dude born and raised in NC roots for UNC.  Or ECU, or App State, or NC State.  I do have a problem with rooting for Duke.  Because, unlike the others stated.  Duke doesn't give a rats ass about the state of North Carolina.  And the majority of their students/alumni aren't from NC.  So, f uck that s hit.  

38 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'm allowed to be salty. My salt comes from the 95% you discuss and in my opinion, should be the primary argument for pay for college student athletes. The main issue I have is that it seems, based on what is known of UNC's issues, is that student comes 2nd, maybe even 3rd to athlete. It is more of a philosophical argument against the sports industrial complex within college athletics and i'd rather not discuss it here. 

To everyone else, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Your grievances have been heard and I will take none of them under consideration.  

You will get no argument from me about college athletes deserving to be paid. They absolutely should be

49 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

This sentence highlights the issue here; this isn't about TEAMS. This is about SCHOOLS, institutions of higher learning, research, and progress for humanity. You make a mockery of that but putting the needs and desires of an athletics program over the purpose of the institution; obviously the purpose of sports in colleges and universities has changed at the highest levels. UNC, SMU, and Miami (Fl.) have all shown that. 

Agreed. The NCAA needs to be blown up. 

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

You will get no argument from me about college athletes deserving to be paid. They absolutely should be

The issue is that the argument is based primarily on the amount of money a particular sport brings in. Many sports result in far more time spent away from class and away from school than football and I could see the need for a stipend.

The next issue with that argument is that once student - athletes are paid for sports, they become professional athletes at which point you must discuss employment law among other things. Also, if they want to include a stipend as a part of their scholarship and don't classify it as a sports only deal to circumnavigate the law, shouldn't stipends be included for other students?

Money that universities bring in via athletics should be zero sum, meaning the earnings are reinvested proportionally to what is charged to normal students into academics, while the rest can go back into academics. 

Archived