• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Front Office Execs Believe Christian McCaffery Will Go In Top 10

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

and white. /sarcasm... my point about him being light still stands, I understand some people have fallen in love with him, but I havent. build means a lot when you hit the pro's and I just dont see him being anything more then a very versatile player, going that high I want a workhorse, not a situational.

Honestly, I wouldn't be a big fan of the pick, but like I said earlier, I would find it intriguing because it would be clear evidence that this talk of evolving the offense wasn't just empty talk.

If we move up to #2 or #4 to take 4net, the Cam era is over.  We will waller in mediocrity the next 4 years and our window will close just like "97, "98, "99 and "00 did.  Cam will continue to take a beating of Biblical proportions and he walks away at 30 or 31.  There is far too much talent in this draft and we have far too many needs to give them up for a media-hyped generational talent.

Fournette is not Herschel Walker people.  And we need those 4 picks in the top 4 rounds.

Mack is no joke people.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be a big fan of the pick, but like I said earlier, I would find it intriguing because it would be clear evidence that this talk of evolving the offense wasn't just empty talk.

As long as Shula is the OC it's all just empty talk.

Nah, no trading up. Stick with 8 and grab the best player available. I'm really warming up to Mccaffrey. We get him and a speedy WR with one of our 2nd rounder and I'll be a happy camper. Really like that WR out of La Tech.

3 minutes ago, SIGCHI222 said:

If we move up to #2 or #4 to take 4net, the Cam era is over.  We will waller in mediocrity the next 4 years and our window will close just like "97, "98, "99 and "00 did.  Cam will continue to take a beating of Biblical proportions and he walks away at 30 or 31.  There is far too much talent in this draft and we have far too many needs to give them up for a media-hyped generational talent.

Fournette is not Herschel Walker people.  And we need those 4 picks in the top 4 rounds.

Mack is no joke people.

What the fug?

I totally get that Fournette is a higher rated prospect than McCaffrey but who would actually help our offense more next year?

Seems like McCaffrey would add a dimension to our offense whereas Fournette might just improve what we already do.  How big of a difference is he going to make over Stewart next year?

Part of me is actually nervous about drafting Fournette, I'm afraid it will be more of the same out of our offense. 

People keep talking about a better running game protecting Cam but it might have the opposite effect.  Run on first, run on second, and sooner or later you are in third and long and Cam is running for his life again.  You keep pressure off of your QB by staying out of predictable situations.

Maybe If we draft McCaffrey it will improve our short passing attack.

Archived