• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Executive: Myles Garrett May Not Be The First Overall Pick

Saca312

So, the Panthers have been in the flirt scenes of a possible trade-up to 2. With the mindless, lazy media writers out there, they assumed the Panthers must be targeting Fournette with such. It seems like a lot of the media are assuming we're really high on Fournette and would've likely been the target of a trade up to 2.

The following shatters that theory and brings to light a logical one. Have a look:

If Garrett isn't the number 1 overall pick, the Panthers better get the phones ready and armed. I fully believe it'd be worth giving up whatever is necessary to get the next Julius Peppers of the NFL. I'm a huge supporter of this, and while it's a pipe dream, it's certainly a nice one to have.

UPDATE: 

50/50 in Cleveland's camp. Let the smoke rise.

To put in perspective the value of trading up from 8 to 2, take last year as example:

C6pSzQaV0AA5-62.jpg

What I learned from this is that...

1. NFL Execs are uninformed, none of them really knows what is going on, and contradict each other all the time.

2. The draft needs to hurry up and get its titanus tushy over here so we can stop speculating over this.

Just now, csx said:

No thank you are giving the farm up. Not wise. In 3 years everyone is complaining about lack of offensive line or whatever else.

We honestly don't have that much holes. I would not be opposed to getting a generational physical specimen when we have a lot already patched up.

Imagine this on the same line:

MylesGarrett3.0.gif

MylesGarrett.gif

giphy.gif.42bd1b8a2dc98c706168eae89501743d.gif

These two rushing the passer... oh boy.

2 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

SF would be stupid not to take him

Disagree-they have multiple needs and far bigger needs than DE.  Their best play is getting what they can for the pick.  Garrett visited the Jaguars recently-who knows whether they think he could fall to 4 or if they're interested in trading up, but Garrett to the Browns at 1 is absolutely no sure thing.

Archived