• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

friendly reminder about the draft

Growl

43 minutes ago, Growl said:

The draft is always "crazy" but this year its likely going to be even moreso, so I wanted to put down a few friendly reminders

A) Teams don't draft with the intent to help the Panthers, so that second round gem you felt really smart for finding is gonna go way higher than the pick you think he should, which is coincidentally a panthers pick. Obi Melinfonwu seems like a prime candidate for this. Look for the guy you were so sure the panthers would get in the 2nd round to go top 12.

2) the inverse of this is that the player you've been campaigning for months for the panthers to take at 8 overall may be there at 40. This isn't going to be christian McCaffrey so accept that, but I could very well-if you forced me to guess-see Derek Barnett falling. (Though probably not that far) There is of course that reality that we end up with a player you've never heard of and everybody gets mad. If I had to guess, I'd say pick 40 will be a somewhat notable player that slipped, but that you've never heard of the player we take at 64. (Provided we stand pat)

D) ESPN is actually the superior option on day 3 of the draft. NFLN will shift all their coverage to discussing who the cowboys and patriots selected two days prior and will completely disregard picks at that point, but ESPN (for all its flaws) actually shows highlights and discusses every player drafted deep into the grind. Bear in mind, the networks willfully go to commercial breaks whenever the panthers are on the clock.

bonus: every single poster here has access to twitter, and tipping the picks early doesn't make you an "INSIDER." We'd all like to be able to discuss the draft on here without having Mr. Wannabe All-Access racing back and forth to the huddle to tip the picks ahead of time, so thanks.

Freindly reminder we are gonna pick some form of RB-TE combo: Fournette / OJ Howard / McCaffrey / Leggett 

50 minutes ago, Growl said:

The draft is always "crazy" but this year its likely going to be even moreso, so I wanted to put down a few friendly reminders

A) Teams don't draft with the intent to help the Panthers, so that second round gem you felt really smart for finding is gonna go way higher than the pick you think he should, which is coincidentally a panthers pick. Obi Melinfonwu seems like a prime candidate for this. Look for the guy you were so sure the panthers would get in the 2nd round to go top 12.

2) the inverse of this is that the player you've been campaigning for months for the panthers to take at 8 overall may be there at 40. This isn't going to be christian McCaffrey so accept that, but I could very well-if you forced me to guess-see Derek Barnett falling. (Though probably not that far) There is of course that reality that we end up with a player you've never heard of and everybody gets mad. If I had to guess, I'd say pick 40 will be a somewhat notable player that slipped, but that you've never heard of the player we take at 64. (Provided we stand pat)

D) ESPN is actually the superior option on day 3 of the draft. NFLN will shift all their coverage to discussing who the cowboys and patriots selected two days prior and will completely disregard picks at that point, but ESPN (for all its flaws) actually shows highlights and discusses every player drafted deep into the grind. Bear in mind, the networks willfully go to commercial breaks whenever the panthers are on the clock.

bonus: every single poster here has access to twitter, and tipping the picks early doesn't make you an "INSIDER." We'd all like to be able to discuss the draft on here without having Mr. Wannabe All-Access racing back and forth to the huddle to tip the picks ahead of time, so thanks.

Thankyou especially for D, thats actually very helpful. This will be the first draft of any sport that I will watch and I'm extremely curious. Hoping that I can watch a livestream with the help of my VPN...

28 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

I don't use twitter but just curious as to how the posts were that far ahead on the broadcast picks? 

Teams will tweet who they are taking before the official announcement. And there's always some chodesmoke who likes to "break" the news.

1 hour ago, mjligon said:

Another pro tip:

There is more than one round, so don't get on here and throw a tantrum Thursday night when we didn't select x position.

You can already tell the ones that will be on here throwing tantrums.. One of them replied to your post

Archived