• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praying for the best or hoping for the worst

Mr. Scot

I can't stomach the fact that we would have to give a top 10 pick to a good 49ers team. I'm pulling for a 7-9 season and if Fox gets fired thats fine if not I think he can right the ship. Its important to realize that the FO always does this after a winning season, they are complacent and think that nothing needs to be changed. After losing season is when they bring in big time free agenst and are aggressive in the draft. Last year we went out and got Brayton and Vincent (as well as some others that didn't pan out). Then traded a future 1st round to get a first round talent and starter in Otah. This offseason was more about being defensive rather than offensive, and by this I mean we tried to keep our players and then in the draft we went after some depth and projects.

I never wanna see them not even trying and that's what I feel like i'm getting. If they're trying hard and just losing due to lousy coaching, then fire the coach .

But I'd love it to see them turn it around and go 12-4, 11-5 or whatever and make a deep run. I think Fox is in need of direction as far running the ball more. There's just no excuse for that and if it's Jake changing the plays, then bench him. Anyone can hand off to two all world backs!

I was asking my self that question the other day.

Then the Panthers was on MNF here in Denmark and the answer was clear for me. I could never not root for my team..

So if we tank it the rest of the season it will be a bonus. But for now I am rooting for my team.

for the best. Nice to see honesty but surprised how many people actually want "their" team to lose to get what they want.

I'm not 100% tied to Fox. We could do better. The O clearly could benefit from more efficiency at QB too. But I know in both situations we could do much, much worse and don't want to see most of the good, young core of this team blown up. One thing Fox had the sense to do was build on what was here, not start completely over with "his" guys when he easily could've made this the Ron Dayne, Jason Sehorn, Jim Fassell suckfest.

And for all the complaining about past inconsistency, people are fooling themselves righteously if they think 7-9 is the worst a team can do.

I would rather us finish in the middle of the pack and Jerry Richardson and the Panthers organization grow a pair and make the change. 7-9 and third in the division warrants a change IMO. BUT...it still probably wouldn't be high enough to give the Niners a great draft pick. Probably around 13th or 14th where lets face it Foxy woulda drafted another meaningless piece to his BS defensive puzzle or traded down to do the same.

IF we finish 6-10 or worse I'm going to be pissed because that means we just missed out on maybe a QB of the future...

It is appearing that the playoffs are pretty much out of the question with the East probably getting 2 teams (maybe 3) and the Saints/Falcons tearing it up. We just aren't a playoff team. But ultimately this is Jerry's call.

People need to realize that there is NO DIFFERENCE in a record that says 3-13 and a record that says 6-10 and a record that says 7-9. No matter what every one of those records means NO PLAYOFFS. After a season where we were the #2 seed with a 12-4 record that is unacceptable.

There is no way I buy that we're worse than the Browns, or the Bucs for that matter (and probably others).

Browns

Bucs

Skins

Lions (IDC that they have a win they wouldn't have beaten ATL, PHI, or DAL)

Raiders

Chiefs

I still think there are teams out there that we can beat...just not on our schedule which is ultimately what matters.

I never wanna see them not even trying and that's what I feel like i'm getting. If they're trying hard and just losing due to lousy coaching, then fire the coach .

I said it in some other thread but for the most part, I think guys are trying. They just aren't playing good football. Certainly that cam make guys discouraged and get that doomed feeling of OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN...but I don't think it's that they aren't trying.

According to some articles I read today, the players talked to seem to have Fox's back quite publicly and/or are taking responsibility for the execution/mistakes. We shall see how it shakes out.

If I am being completely honest, I would rather see a 0-16 record than a 6-10 record just so a change would have to be made.

That said, I am hoping for 13-3 if its possible.

That is a sad, sad state of affairs right there. What makes it even worse is I agree. Fox has been barely good enough to keep from getting fired and it is exhausting. The biggest enemy of being great is allowing yourself to become satisfied with being good. It is what it is.....

Good question Mr. Scott and it is a tough one. But IMO for the long-term success I think it is a necessary imperative that we get a new coaching staff. I just don't the team is responding to his message and schemes anymore. He was a great choice when we brought him in but I think it is just one of those cases were there only so many times a team can hear the same speeches before they start to lose effectiveness. So if that means we must lose 10 games (very likely) then so be it.

Archived