• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beane was the mole...

1 minute ago, Snake said:

No its not when your team has a amazing scouting department and GM who can find diamonds in late rounds and all you have to do is sit back and steal them. 

Ahh yes, the team of scouts, coaches, and front office guys that the Bills have are so incompetent that they can't do the job they have made careers out of and collectively make millions of dollars doing, so instead they blindly pick players they think another team might have some interest in instead.

Give me a break, dude. That's a ridiculous notion lol.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where are these scouts who get paid millions of dollars?

Collectively, between the scouts & FO guys / coaches. The team of people getting paid to participate in the pre-draft process collectively get paid millions of dollars per year, and scouting for the draft ranged anywhere from the sole part of their job to a significant part of their job.

Just now, Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior) said:

Ahh yes, the team of scouts, coaches, and front office guys that the Bills have are so incompetent that they can't do the job they have made careers out of and collectively make millions of dollars doing, so instead they blindly pick players they think another team might have some interest in instead.

Give me a break, dude. That's a ridiculous notion lol.

Have you seen the Bills the last 15 years? 

You people are hilarious. yea we didn't land on the moon either and the sun isn't really the sun it was actually a Greek god all along...our telescopes lie!!

We'd have like all the Bills first rounds pick for forever if some stupid poo like that happened. And he'd be out of the NFL permanently.....nevermind the other common sense factors.

Just now, Snake said:

Have you seen the Bills the last 15 years? 

You don't get a role in an NFL front office if you're so incompetent that you have to draft players based on what another team may or may not be interested in. I don't think it's a hard concept to grasp. Again, it's a ridiculous notion to think another team isn't drafting players that work best for their own team on their own terms. The draft process is so long, calculated, and precise, and they wouldn't throw all of that out of the window because "Yo, I heard the perennially mediocre Panthers might like player X."

Hey guys, so I heard some inside knowledge that one of my co-workers is gonna bring a ham & cheese sandwich in for lunch tomorrow. I don't particularly like ham & cheese sandwiches, but I heard he really likes them, so I'm gonna throw out my delicious chicken teriyaki noodles that I spent time, effort, and money preparing for my lunch and bring in a ham & cheese sandwich instead...

Because f*ck logic, ya know?

The Bills took players that would benefit the Bills, not players that would screw the Panthers.

And the GM being fired has been a long time coming no matter who the coach was. Likewise, McDermott will try to get "his people" in there, as any coach would.

Tinfoil is for wrapping leftovers and looks silly as a hat.

This entire thread is derp.  Teams are going to do what they want re: player personnel decisions.  If a player fits the system, they're going to go after him.  If they feel another team is going to take a player they want [see the Bears trade up one spot], they will take strategic action to grab them.  Turning to the Bills, McD knows what he knows, in part, b/c of his time spent here.  This is war.  If there is any validity to this, he just exposed his position--it's a bubble strategy that will ultimately sink the Bills if that's the tact leadership takes.  If you're planning systemic sabotage of another organization, you don't execute it in the draft by taking players you think that other team wants.

Did some of you not read the post by the Bills fan.  Just like we brought in McCaffrey's position coach, which certainly played a part in our selecting him, the Bills signed Zay Jones' position coach.  And they had a need at receiver.  Kind of telegraphed the pick if you were paying attention.  

The only part we may have played in it was if McDermott was afraid we would steal Jones before they had a chance to pick him, then they may have decided to move up to make sure they get their guy.  Happens all the time.  No tin foil hat need.

The thing that bothers me is that throwing around these baseless accusations is that it taints a guy's reputation that has worked hard and grown within the organization and been loyal to us for years.  Even when he didn't get the GM job, he stayed loyal and acted with utmost professionalism.  But if he does stay, and eventually succeeds Gettleman, then there will always be some nimrod that will remember this accusation and believe it as fact, even though it is patently ridiculous.  

If anything, he has earned our respect, not these absurd conspiracy theories. 

Archived