• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula wants to evolve

truthjuice

11 hours ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Surely Shula saw this before. I cant fathom he didnt. Fore sure 2 new draft picks didnt show him the light of that logig, becuse if it did he should get his ass out of here! Short yardage passes have been eating us alive for several years, and really its not that hard to do. Dink and duck as so many like to say, but wait...here comes the x- factor. Cam is too much ALPHA for such a scheme. A specimen like Cam cant play skinny white qb football.

Shula is new to football...

5 hours ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He already evolved this offense once when he studied all that college tape and incorporated the zone read into this offense. How is everybody forgetting that? Whether you like the zone read or not, he did evolve and he did put that in just  for Cam Newton and at least half the league is doing it on occasion now.

Yeah, and now its time to evolve again. 

On 5/1/2017 at 11:48 AM, Hogmolliesmaht said:

In that same vein, Shula got more out of Ted Ginn than any other OC he has played for. I think Woodie hit the nail on the head the other day when he pointed out that Shula's problem is situational play calling more than anything else. 

I've been saying for years that situational play calling has been Shula's greatest weakness. If you think about it, situational play calling is arguably the number one job of an OC though. Dynamic personnel is nice, but you still have to know when and how to get the best out of them while moving the chains. I'm skeptical, but I am giving Shula the benefit of doubt that maybe the personnel just wasn't able to produce the desired result (even though I believe I'm stretching it). Produce this year, or else, Mr. Shula!

2015 we got all the breaks.   How many games did we almost blow?  Almost?   4 or 5 or  6.  We got into the playoff and destroyed everyone going to the Super Bowl.  Had we lost 4 to 6 of those games we would have been 9-7 or 10-6.  About the same as 2016 had we won't 4-6 of those we lost 10-6 or so.

2016 we didn't get any of the breaks and lost nearly every close game we had.

What was apparent to me in both years.  Shula had no counter after half time.  2015 we had leads we were able to hold.  We almost pulled an Atlanta more than once.  2016 we had half time leads but could not close the door and our offense went stagnent. We lost.

I have said it a millions times.  Shula is the worst post half time OC in the league.

This year we should do great.  We have a last place schedule and a great defense.  Shula has the tools to put up enough points in the first half.  We might have enough to win.  Until someone shows him how or we finally fire him.  This is how we will play regardless of our weapons.

I hate playing that way.

Archived