• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston Has Been Waived

I just think he's the type of player who absolutely drives coaches crazy. He really can make some great plays, but for every great play he makes, there will be 2-3 plays where he blows an assignment, misses a tackle, or takes an awful angle. He's just maddeningly inconsistent and I don't think that's ever going to change and I think that's probably why we decided to just throw in the towel.

I'm cool with giving up on with him as a starter, but not drafting a S in such a deep draft to at least push the two vet s is highly disappointing. Especially if this was the plan all along, to release Boston, he's very good depth and still pushes Adams and Coleman imo. Obviously this is with the assumption no one else will be brought in

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

17 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Can you imagine the alternate universe where we kept Norman , bene, and Boston , and no one on the oline gets injured last year ?

I prefer the excitement of what we have going on now.

On 5/2/2017 at 11:56 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Very surprised to see this move after not addressing safety in the draft. Also very surprised to see this move before final cuts. Wouldn't have been surprised at all to see Boston released after we signed another vet safety, but not before. Seemed to me that he was well liked in the lockerroom and within the organization, so this may have been largely about doing him a favor. Getting released now gives him the chance to find the best situation out there for him to head to camp with another team.

I imagine it went something like, "Tre, thank you for your commitment but the team is moving in a different direction.  In an effort to smooth your transition, we will be waiving you now in an effort to allow you greater opportunity on the free agent market.  As a courtesy, I have reached out to a few interested teams to set up interviews.  Thanks again for your effort and commitment to the Panthers organization."

On 5/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, Millioso7 said:

Colin is no longer valuable to this squad his special teams play is overrated.. I don't see how he gets a chance in training camp and Boston doesn't.. at least Boston had room for growth..

I like Colin on ST's...

Archived