• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel leading reciever

ncfan

Am I crazy to think he is going to be our leading WR this year. Only person I see possibly getting more is Olsen.

I wasnt the big Samuel fan. Felt he has a Lot to learn with running the route tree. Have seen several scouts mention in articles he has weak hands more of a body catcher and needs to improve.

But I am starting to really like this kid more and more post draft.

He has something that we havnt had since smitty. Chip on his shoulder and plays with a little attitude. Every interview I have heard of his I have become Blown away. The KBs and Funch's are just to passive. Ginn never had that "fire" nor did Philly. Hopefully his fire rub off onto the rest of the WRs as well.

His edge combined with his speed and playmaking athletic ability, really see this kid making a Big splash this season

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I want to be excited about him but he has a lot of work to do.

Hopefully he can just focus on being a WR here and not worry about running the ball. He can work on his routes and especially his hands. I've seen clips with him either having a ball bounce off his hands or mis-timing a jump.

He definitely flashed a lot of potential though. We desperately need him to be every bit of the 2nd rounder we used on him. The number 2 spot is up for the taking for anyone who shows just something.

Depends on Cam. If he spreads the ball around this year, Samuel has got a chance to catch a lot of deep balls. If Cam just focuses in on Beji like he often did last year, we could be in trouble. 

Imagine:

Byrd CJ2 Samuel at WR just to stretch the field

Olsen to stay in the O line to help in blocking and CMC in the backfield shotgun to help as well. 

I call this the dump or burn play.

If the O line breaks down dump it to either CMC or Olsen. If O line holds up, the 4.3 and under crew will do some serious damage as we burn them.

Dang it brb

590a1d80db6fb_giphy(1).gif.aed7186f49ff5099482ceec2793aa7d9.gif

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless he's a lot further along in his development than I think, he's simply too raw and limited in his routes to come anywhere close to leading us in any receiving category other than possibly yards per reception.

Fug it. Go route is all that is needed.

Fast n Furious play

Byrd, Samuel, Shepard, CJ2 and CMC WR line up

Just now, ecu88 said:

Imagine:

Byrd CJ2 Samuel at WR just to stretch the field

Olsen to stay in the O line to help in blocking and CMC in the backfield shotgun to help as well. 

Is this real life? Two total JAGs (one who couldn't make one of the worst WR rosters in the league last year), a raw rookie, and we're going to keep our two best players in to help protect?

Go home Shula, you're drunk,

Is this real life? Two total JAGs (one who couldn't make one of the worst WR rosters in the league last year), a raw rookie, and we're going to keep our two best players in to help protect?

Go home Shula, you're drunk,

Hey respect the speed

Just now, ecu88 said:

Fug it. Go route is all that is needed.

Fast n Furious play

Byrd, Samuel, Shepard, CJ2 and CMC WR line up

Jesus... you know what I call that? A sack waiting to happen. This is the type of old school Shula nonsense that I hope to see us evolve away from, not do more of.

If it was that easy, NFL WR corps would consist entirely of former 100m sprinters.

Do it ;)

Make defenses play deep and dump underneath.

Ginn aka rubber hands could not catch but he made defenses respect his speed

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unless he's a lot further along in his development than I think, he's simply too raw and limited in his routes to come anywhere close to leading us in any receiving category other than possibly yards per reception.

Went over his route running a while back. More refined than most give him credit for. Sure, he'll need to learn more intricate routes, but the basis of route running is there.

In fact, I'd argue "route running" at the college level is overrated. So many different factors and uses for every receiver, and most have to change and learn new things entering the pros.

@LinvilleGorge As another guy once said about Samuel and route running.

Route running at the college level is overrated. NFL teams will ask players to run different routes in different ways, on different plays. The important part is that he [Samuel] has the ability to ruin DBs with double moves, and understands all the route concepts.

Archived