• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Clayton out at ESPN

I don't even have have cable anymore. Nothing. I'm thinking about getting an antenna for local sh!t, maybe some MYTV. Is that still a thing? 

Will ESPN be going back to 8hrs on, 16hrs repeat? man....The NBA might have to go to a best of 9 games....

espn sucks and has for a long time. he was one of the few redeeming commodities.

they got into too many political/social discussions in addition to just showing too much bias towards certain organizations.

it sucks that clayton lost his job like so many other good reporters they cut loose, but hopefully they will go somewhere that actually focuses on just good honest sports talk with no desire to get into social/political conversations.

sports should be an escape from all the turmoil in the world, not just another voice in the noise.

This (espn layoffs in general) is what happens when you let politics in to a sports channel. I'm glad they are having issues after pushing their political views and firing people because of their opposing political views. 

44 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I don't watch ESPN unless there is an actual game on anyway. The rest of it is pure garbage.

This. I have no idea why anyone would watch anything on ESPN other than live sports. Their programming consists almost entirely of shows where shameless idiots yell at each other. It's kinda like the Huddle, only televised. 

Archived