• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More off topic: summer cocktails

pstall

I've been in Ocean City, MD the past few days and was introduced to the signature drink here, the Orange Crush. 

It's quite simply the perfect summer drink if you're looking for something tasty that'll also get you drunk.

Variations include using grapefruit, blueberries and other fruits, but the key is they have to be fresh squeezed.

Basically the Orange Crush is a lot of vodka, triple sec and fresh squeezed orange.

image.png

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

I've been in Ocean City, MD the past few days and was introduced to the signature drink here, the Orange Crush. 

It's quite simply the perfect summer drink if you're looking for something tasty that'll also get you drunk.

Variations include using grapefruit, blueberries and other fruits, but the key is they have to be fresh squeezed.

Basically the Orange Crush is a lot of vodka, triple sec and fresh squeezed orange.

image.png

image.jpeg

yeah those are fuging awesome. make someone do it with pinnacle whipped vodka and cointreau instead of bar stock triple sec. it'll make a theist out of you

Three words:

Ramos Gin Fizz

Quintessential NOLA classic, popularized by quintessential ass Huey Long. Yes, it does contain egg whites, and yes, you do have to shake it for twelve minutes. Its like drinking a lemon cloud, totally worth it.

Runner up would be the Painkiller from the virgin islands.

I was hanging at the beach this past Saturday, then we went to a buddy's house and chilled by the pool. It was hot as all get out and he started making Tito's vodka with homeade lemonade. It was refreshing and dangerous. Tito's is so smooth you could barely taste it even though he was pouring them very strong. Highly recommend on a hot summer day.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, WilmyWood said:

I was hanging at the beach this past Saturday, then we went to a buddy's house and chilled by the pool. It was hot as all get out and he started making Tito's vodka with homeade lemonade. It was refreshing and dangerous. Tito's is so smooth you could barely taste it even though he was pouring them very strong. Highly recommend on a hot summer day.

I like it; simple and refreshing.

My go to summer drink (other than cold beer) is a pain killer. dark rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, splash of OJ, sprinkle nutmeg on top if you have guests or are feeling fancy.

Dock side makes a pain kill that is a work of art.

Here's a little diddy known as a Bubbly Basil:

Get a glass. Load it down with ice.

Grab a couple basil leaves, place them flat in your hand, smack them shits (just 1 good smack, these things aren't misbehaving children. They're godlike herbs, treat them thusly). You gotta release the florals first, then tear them into a few pieces and put them into the glass. Next grab your simple syrup, and add a shot of that sugary poo to your cup. Grab half a lime, squeeze that green citrus bastard until that little sour bitch has no life left in him. Now muddle. Take a knife. Take a pestle. If you're really fancy and prepared grab your bar spoon (I'm looking at you @PhillyB ). I'm a heathen and use the handle on my jigger. Mash all that stuff together. We need our flavors to marry in this cup because Its about to receive the pièces de résistance: Tito's Handmade Vodka. Add a shot (or 2 depending on your objective). Now at this point (if you muddled and used enough vodka) you'll probably need some more ice, so add some. I've discovered this drink needs to be super cold to be tasty. Finally, top off with some club soda. Give it one last mix (probably using your knife, pestle, spoon, jigger handle, etc) and enjoy.

Archived