• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NY Jets Releasing/Trading WR Eric Decker

Decker is exactly what we need opposite of KB. He isn't afraid to go over the middle and is constantly open. 

We won't do it, but I would seriously consider bringing him in. If he's willing to go the one year prove it deal, I'd jump all over it. 

18 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

30 year old receiver with hip issues

Who has never ever been close to a #1 caliber receiver to begin with, unlike other FA Maclin. Decker would be a solid addition at the right price, as many FAs would be, but ultimately he'll get more and a promised bigger role elsewhere than he would here. Funch is in our plans, KB is our #1 and Samuel is our slot guy and even in play for snaps across from KB in two wides. That's not even accounting for Shep who we have plans for, and McC who will have a part in the receiving game. And Olsen is obviously the #1 target. Why would Decker want to come here, and why would we want to overpay for him?

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Who has never ever been close to a #1 caliber receiver to begin with, unlike other FA Maclin. Decker would be a solid addition at the right price, as many FAs would be, but ultimately he'll get more and a promised bigger role elsewhere than he would here. Funch is in our plans, KB is our #1 and Samuel is our slot guy and even in play for snaps across from KB in two wides. That's not even accounting for Shep who we have plans for, and McC who will have a part in the receiving game. And Olsen is obviously the #1 target. Why would Decker want to come here, and why would we want to overpay for him?

He could very well be the 4th or even 5th option behind Olsen,  KB,  CMC, and Samuel. Not really a great situation for someone who I suppose still wants to make a name for himself and secure some kind of future somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He could very well be the 4th or even 5th option behind Olsen,  KB,  CMC, and Samuel. Not really a great situation for someone who I suppose still wants to make a name for himself and secure some kind of future somewhere. 

I mean, if he had ties to Charlotte (like Andy Lee or something living here. I know nothing about Decker off the field so maybe he does) and wants to go for a ring and is fine in a role like that or competing for a bigger role and fine taking a lot less than he could get elsewhere, then I can see it happening. But that's highly unlikely and rarely happens in this league, or any sport for that matter. It just wouldn't be very smart unless he wanted specifically to be here. More money, bigger role and still a competitor elsewhere? Why wouldn't he go for that.

Mid-later age at 30.  Good road is left, always seemed like a solid player.  Questions to consider:

-Is he a fit in general?

-Would he fit in well with KB and Samuel?

-Would our staff with sliding someone in front of Funchess?  We viewed Funch as a 1st rounder so traded up for him.  The staff still has high hopes for him.  

Meh, we don't need him.  We have monsters like Russell Shepard, Devin Funchess, and Chris Johnson.  Why would we need a consistent WR like him?  When we have WR's like those above.  And an out of shape number 1 in Kelvin Benjamin?  F uck no.  Eric Decker?  He's trash compared to our monsters at WR.  Get out of here with this foolishness.    

Charles Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived