• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does a movie like CHiPs get made?

Jangler

6 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

There are plenty of great ideas/scripts out there...studios are just so risk adverse they're not giving up and comers a shot.

idk, with the way cable tv (overall) has taken over story telling. Fargo and Genius for example, movies can tell a story in 120 minutes, and still draw you in, but they don't even try anymore, they know they will make their money worldwide...

Any more, Hollywood studios and actors know they are going to get paid and don't seem to care if they put out a poo movie or not. CGI has taken some movies over the top. LotR was a great blend of CGI and costumed actors. It's created absolute travesties with others. Warcraft. Seriously? There are movies I won't watch when I read the actors because I know it's going to be terrible. Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Steven Segal, Ray Liotta, Van Damme, Sandler (though he occasionally does a good one), Will Ferrell (I just don't find him funny other than Wedding Crashers), Mark Wahlberg and the list goes on. 

There are very few movies that are very deep anymore. Most are made to be a mindless watch for 2 hours with 45 minutes of commercials. The days of movies that make you think are pretty much over. It's the same poo with the names changed and the scripts vomited back onto paper. Hidden Figures and Hacksaw Ridge are probably two of the better movies I have seen recently. Both were compelling and well acted and I was genuinely entertained with the story telling. 

I have seen the new trailer for Deadpool 2 and it looks like it's going to be as funny as the first. Can't wait to see that one. 

Archived