• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your Top 10 sauces/marinades?

SCP

If Anthony's Caribbean is what my memory thinks it is (been at least 10 years since I last had it, if so), I agree it's great. 

Add to the collection: Peri-Peri sauce.  I like the stuff from DiChickO's if you can find it, but there are other brands that are good too.

I really like Chipotle Tabasco for some extra zing. 

For grocery store BBQ sauce, I try to stay away from brands that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. The Weber brand has been pretty good to me in that regard.

I'm a big advocate for, as someone mentioned above, a good homemade tzatziki.

Making your own yogurt is cheap, rewarding, easy-ish, and generally better than store-bought in the first place - and then straining it for your own tzatziki... nice. Sure beats the watery mess going by the same name all over this state.

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

If Anthony's Caribbean is what my memory thinks it is (been at least 10 years since I last had it, if so), I agree it's great. 

Add to the collection: Peri-Peri sauce.  I like the stuff from DiChickO's if you can find it, but there are other brands that are good too.

I really like Chipotle Tabasco for some extra zing. 

For grocery store BBQ sauce, I try to stay away from brands that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup. The Weber brand has been pretty good to me in that regard.

Peri Peri is my go to hot sauce,although the brand I buy is a little too salty.   I use to love hot stuff, and my mouth can still handle itl  My stomach and arsehole, that's a different story.  All you guys under 50 better appreciate the simple pleasures in your life.  There comes a time when fried food and spicy food become a treat rather than everyday living.

My Top 10:
General Tso
Bad Daddy Sauce
ROs BBQ Slaw
Shrimp (aka Yum Yum) Sauce
A1
Marinara
Eastern NC BBQ
Franks Red Hot
Cholula
Sausage gravy

Honorable Mention:

Bang Bang shrimp sauce at Bonefish

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Have u tried making your own bang bang shrimp yet?? Just wondering.. I have seen a few recipes and not sure if u tried one yet as I know u like to cook good poo!! So just wondering if u have a good recipe as spices and shrimp aren't cheap!! :)

On 6/27/2017 at 7:44 PM, SCP said:

My Top 10:

General Tso

Bad Daddy Sauce

ROs BBQ Slaw

Shrimp (aka Yum Yum) Sauce

A1

Marinara

Eastern NC BBQ

Franks Red Hot

Cholula

Sausage gravy

Honorable Mention:

Bang Bang shrimp sauce at Bonefish

RO's...oh my...haven't had it in many moons...

Archived