• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: (Confirmed) Carolina Panthers to charge admission to Fan Fest in 2017

Datawire

I have a friend that has been working for the organization now for a few years.There was a company meeting a few weeks ago that was attended and It was explained to me that this years Fan Fest will involve an admittance fee. It wasn't said whether it was fifty dollars or fifty cents, only that there will be an admittance fee. The organization will be treating this event as a regular season game day. After the past season ticket system, and people trying to profit off of it, it will now be a fee based ticket system this year. I have no reason to believe I was lied to and I have done several internet searches to see if this claim is in fact true or false. I have come up empty in my endeavors. To be clear this is only an unsubstantiated internet rumor imposed by me based on the things I have been told. What say you Huddle, can you find anything in regards to this?

Oh, also by the way. Adults that are sitting in the end zone when a touch down is scored and Cam wants to give the ball to a kid and you, as an adult, interfere. You will be asked to leave the stadium. There has been a real problem from adults taking the balls away from the kids when Cam scores a TD.

http://www.wbt.com/articles/panthers-charge-fan-fest-admission

42 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Any adult that would try to take a ball from a kid needs to be ejected. Or kicked in the groin

Even more, ban them from the stadium forever and revoke their fandom. That's some low poo there.

The problem is all the people that scooped up 6 tickets last year because they were free and ended up just not going. So many empty seats last year.

If they charge a small fee it will automatically eliminate those wishy washy fans who claim a block of seats without knowing if they will go or not.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The problem is all the people that scooped up 6 tickets last year because they were free and ended up just not going. So many empty seats last year.

If they charge a small fee it will automatically eliminate those wishy washy fans who claim a block of seats without knowing if they will go or not.

Yep - exactly. 

And the show at the end of practice alone is worth the $5 charity donation to get in. Let's all think here before overreacting. 

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

Yep - exactly. 

And the show at the end of practice alone is worth the $5 charity donation to get in. Let's all think here before overreacting. 

What a sad little party they are having together.

Archived