• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2017 Huddle Candy Draft

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Towelboy said:

In my top-5

The problem with Starburst is similar to Jolly Ranchers... You buy a bag hoping to get a ton of pink ones, and end up having to eat three dozen yellow ones for every pink one you get.

I'm not valuing that kind of investment in one of these early round guys.

Ya'll motherfugers are sleeping on the classic Hershey's bar. Here's why:

Created to give the average person the taste of chocolate: Before Hershey's there was only high cocoa chocolate that was very decadent and for those of higher social statuses. It was a rich man's desert, not a common treat. Hershey came in, added some milk to the chocolate to water it down and mass produce it so that the every man could enjoy chocolate. He turned it into an empire, and then build a got damn theme park. 

While I like other Candy bars more than the original Hershey's, (the Mr. Goodbar is the Hershey bar turned up a notch) you can't deny the legacy that it holds on our society. 

Plus s'mores are made with them.

So my vote is Hershey's bar.

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Ya'll motherfugers are sleeping on the classic Hershey's bar. Here's why:

Created to give the average person the taste of chocolate: Before Hershey's there was only high cocoa chocolate that was very decadent and for those of higher social statuses. It was a rich man's desert, not a common treat. Hershey came in, added some milk chocolate to water it down and mass produce it so that the every man could enjoy chocolate. He turned it into an empire, and then build a got damn theme park. 

While I like other Candy bars more than the original Hershey's, (the Mr. Goodbar is the Hershey bar turned up a notch) you can't deny the legacy that it holds on our society. 

Plus s'mores are made with them.

So my vote is Hershey's bar.

Hershey Bar this early is drafting a player because they went to a legacy school (Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, etc.) or has a famous last name. This is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Hershey may have the name, but the talent just isn't there. This pick would be a bust since they haven't upped their game to the standards of the other picks.

14 minutes ago, Towelboy said:

Hershey Bar this early is drafting a player because they went to a legacy school (Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, etc.) or has a famous last name. This is a "What have you done for me lately" league. Hershey may have the name, but the talent just isn't there. This pick would be a bust since they haven't upped their game to the standards of the other picks.

No way man, just because it has longevity doesn't mean it isn't a game changer.

Hershey's MADE the candy game. If there's no Hershey's then there's no S'mores. The Candy has a damn TOWN named after it. 

No other available Candy has the intangibles that Hershey's has. Here's a checklist:

• Theme Park
  • Town Named after it
  • Cultural revolution around snacks
  • Affordability
  • Roller Coasters
  • Legacy
  • Name Recognition
  • It Makes the following other Candies
    • Reese's (the #1 pick)
    • Jolly Ranchers
    • Whoppers
    • Kisses
    • Mound
    • Almond Joy
    • Kit Kat
    • York Peppermint Patties
    • Mr. Goodbar

Hershey's should be the next pick hands down based on brand alone. It is the Manning family of Candy Bars and they have 4 super Bowls between them. It's a slam dunk guarantee. 

Archived