• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Press conference at 2pm

Johnny Rockets

45 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

Just got this sick feeling this is not an interim gig ...

2 days ago. I was happy, bought my season opener ticket against the 9ers, my plane ticket to SF and I was looking fwd to a great season.

F U JR!

Got my tix too.  I should have waited....

4 minutes ago, PanthaSan said:

Got my tix too.  I should have waited....

I think this season might turn out rather well.  

Can't remember a Panthers team coming into the season that was this stacked with talent.

As for the team's long term prospects now that Gettleman has been canned?

So far the signs are less than promising. 

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Can't remember a Panthers team coming into the season that was this stacked with talent.

Exactly. On paper, this lineup looks way better than the 2015 team. Can't wait to see it unfold. The future however....

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It all depends on how training camp goes. I am excited to see  Bradberry's progress, the D Line with Peppers. Our D should be solid. It may take weeks for the offense to hit its stride

18 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

It all depends on how training camp goes. I am excited to see  Bradberry's progress, the D Line with Peppers. Our D should be solid. It may take weeks for the offense to hit its stride

True, it will be interesting to see how Bradberry grows as a leader on the D.  

I'm also excited about Cam's new weapons on offense as well.

What happens during the next season or two may be the best years Panthers fans have ever had.

I plan on enjoying them while they last.

Who is in JR's "family-ring" ? TD, GO are at the top, sure. I know cam and luke are cornerstones of this franchise but I don't think they will ever develop a relationship with JR like TD did. Hell, I didn't think GO was that close to JR. It's a bit hard to get close to someone who appears struggling to even talk. I have nothing against JR and wish him health and well-being, but he is on the wrong side of life expectancy statistic. 

Anyway,let's say Hurn Dawg extends those two guys, keeps JR satisfied. I really don't see him staying after that. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we find someone like or very similar to Gettleman to be our next GM. 

I just don't see it man. I can't see JR interfering with the team like he used to back in MH days. He's too old. 

5 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Is there anything he could have said that would have resulted in a different reaction?

i think a lot of minds were made up when they heard G was fired. Peeps are pissed and nothing's gonna change it. 

The way he carried himself reeks of nervousness and a serious lack of confidence.

Agents are gonna have a field day with him.

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I will watch the tape to look for this.  

Back to the original question;  what could he have said to change your mind and cause a different reaction 

Literally nothing, honestly.

But it was still terrible and difficult to watch.

Archived