• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alex Armah-A Winding Road To The NFL

Hogmolliesmaht

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Alex-Armah-A-winding-road-to-the-NFL/b73990d6-8b3b-4413-bbb2-9c8935b8f1c2

“I think people had an assumption that athletes, especially football players, were stuck up and just hung out on their own,” Armah said. “I wanted to change that impression. I wanted to have friends and be involved with things outside of the team. That was something I motivated my teammates to do, too. That’s just my personality. I want to get to know people and develop meaningful friendships with them.”

There is a Bible verse that Armah thinks about often. It’s Matthew 23:12…”For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

“That’s something that really sits with me. I think it’s really important to remember. It’s been the way I’ve gone about my life in sports. I’ve always tried be a humble guy and work hard, and let things fall where they do. When I got here, I heard another rookie, Austin Dukeicon-article-link.gif, say it. And we really bonded over that. It’s important that we’re all working together, and have that mindset.”

OK, I know we're not supposed to develop man crushes on rookie FB's around here but I think I'm there with Alex Armah. He's the one who is going to make it, IMO.

Tolbert being gone somebody new has to become FB. Plus the scout who fell in love with him is still here.

Hopefully Hurney doesn't meddle with team philosophy at this point. It's too late for that.

Love Armahs potential as Fb, backup LB and special teamer.  He just is not ready to contribute.  I think he might be worth keeping anyway.  He has much more potential than Young.  My 1 cent.. As a rush LB he looks talented.  Similar size to Khalil Mack. He deserves monitoring.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Love Armahs potential as Fb, backup LB and special teamer.  He just is not ready to contribute.  I think he might be worth keeping anyway.  He has much more potential than Young.  My 1 cent.. As a rush LB he looks talented.  Similar size to Khalil Mack. He deserves monitoring.

I doubt he will be a back up LBer but how do you know he's not ready to be a FB? Everybody is acting as if that's such a complicated position but it's really not. You get the play and either block the gap the running play is supposed to go through, or you block your man in pass pro. It seems to me that if he can block, he can play. BTW, he also has pretty good hands.

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I doubt he will be a back up LBer but how do you know he's not ready to be a FB? Everybody is acting as if that's such a complicated position but it's really not. You get the play and either block the gap the running play is supposed to go through, or you block your man in pass pro. It seems to me that if he can block, he can play. BTW, he also has pretty good hands.

A rookie 5th rounder is ready to start as a lead blocker?  Not saying anyone cant but damn asking a lot.

Archived