• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Vent Thread

the butch

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I wouldn't say drafting Cam Newton kamikaze'd the Panthers.

second time you've quoted me with a comment intended to refute a point.  but your assumptions are misguided, and your comments not responsive to the issues.  but sure cherrypick all you want.

I'm not so much worried strictly about Hurney as I am the combination of Hurney and Rivera.

When the braintrust consisted of Rivera and Gettleman, I knew that we had at least one person who was a good talent evaluator. With the combination now being Rivera and Hurney, we've got a situation where neither of our top decision makers are very good at that aspect of the  process.

That's a recipe for disaster.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lololol I hope that if one of y'all ever fug up at your job you receive better treatment than Hurney has received.

He's being ostracized for past mistakes and could have possibly learned from them.

Hurney hasn't done anything wrong since being named interim. But hey, if cutting Andy Lee and Joe Webb set us back 10 years then we were never good to begin with.

Would you let a surgeon who amputated your arm instead of stitched it preform your vasectomy?

I can't stand Marty Hurney, but IMO, there is really not much to vent about right now. He went for youth and longevity at punter, so what? How long would Lee have been able to keep punting at a high level anyway? He cut Webb. So? It's not like he was a superstar who would take us to the SB if Cam got hurt. Besides that, we don't even know if there is another move coming at QB or not. They could be eyeing somebody's cuts for another back up, for all we know.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Pump the brakes. Igo confirmed this was a Hurney decision NOT a Rivera one. 

Well gee, training camp isn't a live audition. He can look good there but in real situations like in Jacksonville and Pittsburgh he can look like himself. That's the reality. In addition, you can't void history. Lee still remains as one of the best punters if not the best in the game including last season before getting hurt. Our new guy was the worst (ranked 32nd). You have zero argument here. We just got worst.

Some of you in here may not know how important field position is but I can assure if you thought Nortman sucked... lulz

Is this the same Igo that said we wouldn't take CMC at 8 or that both fullbacks would make the team but if we picked one it would be Young? 

Just wondering 

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Pump the brakes. Igo confirmed this was a Hurney decision NOT a Rivera one. 

Well gee, training camp isn't a live audition. He can look good there but in real situations like in Jacksonville and Pittsburgh he can look like himself. That's the reality. In addition, you can't void history. Lee still remains as one of the best punters if not the best in the game including last season before getting hurt. Our new guy was the worst (ranked 32nd). You have zero argument here. We just got worst.

Some of you in here may not know how important field position is but I can assure if you thought Nortman sucked... lulz

I said in my very first post that I understand how important field position is and how impactful a punter can be..my very first post.  I don't dispute that.  What I don't understand is the mass panic that this one decision comprises the ability for this team to be good this season.  People are whining that Hurney has now cost us 2017 because of a punter...who played only 8 games last season.  

Those same people love the fact that Gman said he couldn't allow us to enter the season last year with what we currently had on the roster at punter.  Yet they ignore the fact that he was content for 3 years with who we had at LT and RT.  I'm just trying to be logical and not overreact like the Hurney haters/GMan lovers are.  It's a punter.  A friggin punter.  

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Comparing that to being a general manager of football team is ridiculous on so many levels.

He mismanaged money (people do this everyday), he didn't cut someone's arm off.

This is my beloved panthers we're are talking about.

relevant comparison.

6 minutes ago, the butch said:

second time you've quoted me with a comment intended to refute a point.  but your assumptions are misguided, and your comments not responsive to the issues.  but sure cherrypick all you want.

You're throwing a tantrum because the punter and backup quarterback on an NFL team aren't what you envisioned.

Archived