• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zeke's 6 game suspension upheld

Burnout189

Not to put a damper on things, but I would guess he'll file a lawsuit and the courts will allow a delay in enforcing the suspension pending the outcome of appeal.  I think it'll drag out like the Brady deflate-gate suspension. I would be surprised if he serves the suspension this year.  

The NFLPA is VERY involved in this case and I think they'll fight it in any way they can. 

Since they already had a lawsuit I don't see the appeal path?.  The arbitrator is approved by the NFLPA and has a history of ruling in their favor so I think this is done.  If Cowboys are smart they sit him week one and make sure it counts as part of penalty.

Anyway, forget about any coverage of the actual games by NFL media for the rest of the week.  We will hear this ad nauseum.

The lawsuit Zeke filed in Texas is still going. He also had an associated request for an injunction against enforcing the suspension.   

The NFL filed a lawsuit last night in New York and I believe asked for Zeke's case to be moved at NY as the proper venue (Zeke filed his lawsuit in Texas).

I'm not sure what the NFL's suit is saying (I haven't read the actual complaint), but I believe Zeke's suit is attacking the process the NFL used in investigating the matter and how they reached a decision (I might be wrong -- again, I haven't read the actual complaint but that's what I gleaned reading bits and pieces of media coverage).  I believe Zeke's suit is not actually about the arbitrator's decision, but is instead about whether the collective bargaining agreement, which has a specific process for disciplinary matters laid out, was followed.  I believe it is essentially the same tactic Brady tried.  

In any event, there are definitely two federal courts now involved which will definitely slow everything down.  My guess is that the Texas court who is hearing Zeke's request for an injunction (to keep the NFL from enforcing the arbitrator's decision while the lawsuit is pending) will be inclined to grant the injunction because there's essentially no harm to the NFL if serving the suspension is delayed. Meanwhile, if Zeke is forced to serve the suspension, but later wins the lawsuits, he can't get those 6 games back.  

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So if you want a team's star player to get suspended just get anyone to make up false accusations about him. Even if they admit to lying and there is evidence of it being false, the player will be suspended 6 games. 

It's called the Laurel and Hardy rule....

10 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So if you want a team's star player to get suspended just get anyone to make up false accusations about him. Even if they admit to lying and there is evidence of it being false, the player will be suspended 6 games. 

Exactly...I hope (if he's truly innocent) that Zeke sues the hell outta the NFL...from start to finish, this has been a sh*t show

Archived