• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I don't think their D is that good, and certainly not elite."

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

When cam was laying on the field hurt, the bills fans all around us were laughing and talking poo about him. I lost the little bit of respect I had left for them after that. 

Let's be real though, anyone who chooses to live in a Buffalo is probably messed up.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but let's be honest guys. We haven't faced a stellar QB/offense yet. I think we'll have a better assessment of where we are when we have to deal with Brees, Brady, and Stafford over the next 3 weeks. Based on how poorly the offense is playing, the defense is going to have to play out of their minds for us to win any of those games.

6 minutes ago, ImfromClayton said:

How many possessions did they have before they got a first down?

ROFL!! I dunno, but the row of Bills fans behind me celebrated like it was a TD... I stood up and asked "was that their first 1st down?!" the rest of the Panthers fans nodded or said "Yeah". I just said "ok, just checking"

it felt like ages. :shades:

12 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I hate to sound pessimistic, but let's be honest guys. We haven't faced a stellar QB/offense yet. I think we'll have a better assessment of where we are when we have to deal with Brees, Brady, and Stafford over the next 3 weeks. Based on how poorly the offense is playing, the defense is going to have to play out of their minds for us to win any of those games.

You're right about those offenses, but none have the defenses that we have faced the first 2 weeks.  People can laugh, but the people in the know that look at film know the 49ers and Bills have really good defenses.  The 49ers took the Seahawks to the wire in Seattle.  Buffalo is going to be in most games they play this year.

I'm not letting the offense off the hook- the performance so far isn't going to get it done.  Still, it's a lot easier to fix offensive issues when you're 2-0 and the defense is play out of their minds.

It's weird, because your defense doesn't get the respect a Denver or Seattle gets. I think it's a lack of true star power, to be honest, and that's not a shot. Denver has no fly zone. Seattle has legion of boom. Carolinas defense is just really good at pretty much everything. Don't get me wrong, KK, Luke, and TD are all top 5 at their position, but DTs and 43 LBs just don't get the talk like pass rushing 34 LBs and DBs do. 

Carolinas defense doesn't jump off the screen at you, as an opposing fan. They're just really, really good, the whole damn game. 

8 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

It's weird, because your defense doesn't get the respect a Denver or Seattle gets. I think it's a lack of true star power, to be honest, and that's not a shot. Denver has no fly zone. Seattle has legion of boom. Carolinas defense is just really good at pretty much everything. Don't get me wrong, KK, Luke, and TD are all top 5 at their position, but DTs and 43 LBs just don't get the talk like pass rushing 34 LBs and DBs do. 

Carolinas defense doesn't jump off the screen at you, as an opposing fan. They're just really, really good, the whole damn game. 

I like the d being under the radar.

Archived