• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there anyone you don't hate right now?

iamhubby1

Let us know?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what you think?

• Nah man, it is a dumpster fire.
    • Well, there is that one guy.
    • I do see some things to be excited about. Just not enough of them.
    • C'mon Man. There is plenty of talent up in here.

To be honest. I still see a team with a poo ton of talent. Talent enough to be competitive with anyone. My belief is, we shall go as far as Cam will take us. A Happy and Content Cam is dangerous. At this point in time, Cam is not quite right. And we are still 2-1.

There is a boat load of negativity around here at the moment. So I was just wondering if there truly was much some of you see as a positive? Are there any players, coaches, or FO personnel you are actually happy with? Or is it, this sux, that sux, the whole darn mess sux?

So what say you?

i think this pic pretty much sums up the team right now on several levels.

hammer.jpg

team leadership (coaching staff/owner) isn't on the same page with the players.

i think wilkes is fine, though he has a lot of stuff to fix after that snafu against the saints. aside from that, i think there's a lot of mismanagement of the team and personnel. i'd like to be wrong, but i'm smelling too much right now that i don't like.

34 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i think this pic pretty much sums up the team right now on several levels.

hammer.jpg

team leadership (coaching staff/owner) isn't on the same page with the players.

i think wilkes is fine, though he has a lot of stuff to fix after that snafu against the saints. aside from that, i think there's a lot of mismanagement of the team and personnel. i'd like to be wrong, but i'm smelling too much right now that i don't like.

Well now, that was a coherent, well though out post. Explained your fears without going overboard. Nicely done.

We have issues. Everyone can see that. I have no problem discussing issues with anyone who can stay civil. But why do so many folks have to go down that dark path to let their feelings known?

You say something remotely optimistic, and you are immediately branded a "Homer". Now that hurts. lol

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

it hasn't been ignored. they've tried. they've just failed miserably.

I should I worded it differently. Usually when teams lose a player of that caliber they tend to try and draft a replacement. Example: We cut smith and used our first on Benjamin. The only thing the Panthers have done is take some late round flyers and sign Oher two years after Gross retired and now Matt kalil.

Reading over this just made me sad. Poor Cam.

15 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I don't have a problem with the talent on the team with the exception of left tackle which has been ignored since Gross retired. 

On the surface, this may seem true. But if you look at it in total, we have tried to fix it. Now maybe, most fans don't see it that way. However, if you are honest. There have been precious few opportunities to actually upgrade LT. 

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

On the surface, this may seem true. But if you look at it in total, we have tried to fix it. Now maybe, most fans don't see it that way. However, if you are honest. There have been precious few opportunities to actually upgrade LT. 

With a position so important you do what you have to do to try and protect your franchise QB. 

It is inexcusable to start a season where your starting tackles are an undrafted free agent and a defensive tackle.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well know, that was a coherent, well though out post. Explained your fears without going overboard. Nicely done.

We have issues. Everyone can see that. I have no problem discussing issues with anyone who can stay civil. But why do so many folks have to go down that dark path to let their feelings known?

You say something remotely optimistic, and you are immediately branded a "Homer". Now that hurts. lol

same goes for those who don't have a lot of confidence at the moment. immediately branded bad or negative fans. bad fans are the ones who bounce from team to team. the ones that hang in there despite their lack of faith in the team's ability to go out and win every week...i think that's pretty solid. take the browns and the bills, for example. you can't honestly say that their fans are overflowing with optimism. they understand the reality of the situation their teams are in, but love their team anyway. would a fan of their team who set the bar for success at just having a winning season be any less of a fan who expected a superbowl?

most of the fans posting in here (even the negative ones) have been here since before rivera and cam came on the scene. they/we endured the last few years of fox and probably were fans predating seifert. if you've had the fortitude to endure all the ups and downs of this team, i think that you shouldn't have the term "bad fan" thrust on you.

5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I should I worded it differently. Usually when teams lose a player of that caliber they tend to try and draft a replacement. Example: We cut smith and used our first on Benjamin. The only thing the Panthers have done is take some late round flyers and sign Oher two years after Gross retired and now Matt kalil.

Reading over this just made me sad. Poor Cam.

That is a valid concern. My only comment on this is, we really had precious few legit opportunities to upgrade LT. Until this year, we could not afford a top level LT, so that path was basically closed. Trade? Although rare, they do happen. I just wouldn't count on that direction. Which leaves the draft. Some will say we passed on talent. Others will say there was talent to be had.

One thing or another? We tried. For whatever reason, we just did not finish the job.

Archived