• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breakdown of Jairus Byrd's Last Season With The Saints

Saca312

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Cox blew back to back plays in the 3rd just before the 10 minute mark.

He got bailed out on a Brady underthrow and completely whiffed on Gillislee in the hole giving up 10. 

Dont need Byrd to be a pro bowler just need him to make a tackle here and there and not get caught out of position. 

I was hoping the corresponding move to signing Byrd, would be cutting Cox, fug he made my blood boil

Stop making me come back and post.  Jesus, you guys keep taking our players and want to be just like the Bills again, huh?  Call up Frank and Pete and Donnie. Get the whole band back together.

Byrd was never fast. Byrd was never quick. Byrd was always smart and benefited from an under appreciated defense in buffalo which allowed him to roam the backfield trained upon the QBs eyes. He will do good against a rookie or poor QB. But, at this point of his career he is essentially done.

His ability to tackle has suffered from what was one of the better free safeties in the league. But he will take the proper angle every time.

Really, I'm struggling to give any info because I can't see him as worth much. He will still snag some INT's and has a knack to get them at the right time. He's always cool under pressure.

In your scheme with a zone, cover 3 he will do well. But, don't get excited. He's always been more hype than talent becayse he gets to the right place at the right time every time. 

12 minutes ago, FlamFluten said:

Stop making me come back and post.  Jesus, you guys keep taking our players and want to be just like the Bills again, huh?  Call up Frank and Pete and Donnie. Get the whole band back together.

Byrd was never fast. Byrd was never quick. Byrd was always smart and benefited from an under appreciated defense in buffalo which allowed him to roam the backfield trained upon the QBs eyes. He will do good against a rookie or poor QB. But, at this point of his career he is essentially done.

His ability to tackle has suffered from what was one of the better free safeties in the league. But he will take the proper angle every time.

Really, I'm struggling to give any info because I can't see him as worth much. He will still snag some INT's and has a knack to get them at the right time. He's always cool under pressure.

In your scheme with a zone, cover 3 he will do well. But, don't get excited. He's always been more hype than talent becayse he gets to the right place at the right time every time. 

If he can come in and bring these very things immediately (which many of us are asking, don't expect pro bowl Byrd) then that'll be a HUGE boost to our secondary 

4 hours ago, FlamFluten said:

Literally don't know if I could ask for more from a guy we signed off the street midseason. That sounds fantastic. I don't need Earl Thomas. Just a guy who won't fug up is perfect. Don't even care if his tackling sucks. As long as he takes the proper angle and slows the ball carrier down then Luke or TD have the speed and pursuit to clean it up.

4 hours ago, FlamFluten said:

He gets to the right place at the right time every time? I'm sold

Archived