• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Like on top of a snow cone, what a touch by Cam"

Jeremy Igo

Better view of this play here at this angle. Look at Cam looking off the safety for quite a while, makes this possible. This is something he was not doing the first three games of the season. So glad Cam got his groove back. 

On second viewing of the video I didn't even watch Cam and wanted to focus on how Larsen did. I (being an amateur football analyst at best) was amazed with what Trai did on this play. He first stonewalled his man who started sliding inside. Turner then seemed like he handed over the defensive lineman to Larsen like the defender was a note being passed in class. Then, without ANY hesitation or thought needed, he immediately turned to D. Williams and gave him the 'I got you bro' salute and helped secure the edge. I don't know if this is common practice on offensive lines or not but seems like a hell of a play for Turner.

34 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

The catch was decent, but I can assure you that throw’s elite.

I think watching it in slow-motion underplays how hard it was for Benjamin to look over his shoulder, watch the ball into his hands, and get two feet in bounds, while holding onto the ball all the way to the ground. In real time I was 99% sure he had no shot of catching it and getting his feet inbounds.

However, a discussion over which part of the play is better is always a good discussion in my book! It took two amazing efforts to get this touchdown. 

The play was just beautiful. The OL blocked well providing a clean pocket, KB got outside leverage but left enough room on the sideline to give Cam an window to put the ball on his outside shoulder, Cam threw a beautiful ball and KB made a beautiful catch. 

This is the type of play that makes people say there's no defense for a perfectly placed pass because their really isn't. Nothing the CB could do here. 

4 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

On second viewing of the video I didn't even watch Cam and wanted to focus on how Larsen did. I (being an amateur football analyst at best) was amazed with what Trai did on this play. He first stonewalled his man who started sliding inside. Turner then seemed like he handed over the defensive lineman to Larsen like the defender was a note being passed in class. Then, without ANY hesitation or thought needed, he immediately turned to D. Williams and gave him the 'I got you bro' salute and helped secure the edge. I don't know if this is common practice on offensive lines or not but seems like a hell of a play for Turner.

Happens quite a bit.  This is why we always talk about defenses typically being ahead of the offenses early in the season...offenses take time, and practice to learn each others tendencies, timing, drop depths, etc.....

The longer an O line can play together in a season, the better they will be.

It doesn't hurt that Trai is just flat out good.

Archived