• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday we play 2nd best team--

trucpfan

7 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I'm sorry but I do not think the Eagles are a top 5 team.  They are good, yes...and they can make the playoffs for sure.  But they have barely won games against the Giants and Chargers (two of the worst teams in the NFL) and got two more wins against the Cardinals and Skins, who are not playoff teams.  They did take KC the distance, so I will give them that.

If we get pressure on Wentz and contain him, he is prone to making stupid mistakes.  The Eagles run defense is nasty...but heck we haven't been running the ball anyways.  If Cam keeps playing like he has the last couple of weeks and we make plays on defense, we could win this game by two or more touchdowns.  

Rivera will make sure we don't win the game by two or more touchdowns

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

What time is practice today?  We had like 15 players sit out yesterday, so I am hoping most of them return today.  

I don't think they practiced yesterday. I think they had to make an injury report that would have simulated what would happen if they had practiced. 

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

No team is converting more 3rd downs, than the Eagles. That means they are tops in TOP,  while they are putting up points.

They are also stopping the run. 

That is the recipe for success in the NFL. 

The Eagles are a good team.  

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't win. It just means it's going to be a great game. 

I'm not taking anything away from them just thinking how much does playing subpar teams inflate your numbers such as TOP but I noticed a big deal Eagles coach  Doug P is a A. Reid disciple week 2 was old team matchup week like us vs Sean im sure he knew KC inside and out so I can understand how they played them so close this game is time for some exposure or it may solidify two solid teams in the NFC.

35 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I'm not taking anything away from them just thinking how much does playing subpar teams inflate your numbers such as TOP but I noticed a big deal Eagles coach  Doug P is a A. Reid disciple week 2 was old team matchup week like us vs Sean im sure he knew KC inside and out so I can understand how they played them so close this game is time for some exposure or it may solidify two solid teams in the NFC.

You can say the teams are subpar all you want to. The only thing that any team can do, is play the team that they're scheduled to play. They have beaten teams that they should be beating. The exact same thing can be said about the Panthers.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

I don't think they practiced yesterday. I think they had to make an injury report that would have simulated what would happen if they had practiced. 

Which is dumb. Nobody hardly practices on mondays this early in the season. Even with a Thursday night game. Rest and Tape day is key. I’m glad we are at home.

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

I'm sorry but I do not think the Eagles are a top 5 team.  They are good, yes...and they can make the playoffs for sure.  But they have barely won games against the Giants and Chargers (two of the worst teams in the NFL) and got two more wins against the Cardinals and Skins, who are not playoff teams.  They did take KC the distance, so I will give them that.

If we get pressure on Wentz and contain him, he is prone to making stupid mistakes.  The Eagles run defense is nasty...but heck we haven't been running the ball anyways.  If Cam keeps playing like he has the last couple of weeks and we make plays on defense, we could win this game by two or more touchdowns.  

Pressure Wentz and contain him.....that sounds familiar.

Just curious but how many Eagle games have you watched this year?

50 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Pressure Wentz and contain him.....that sounds familiar.

Just curious but how many Eagle games have you watched this year?

Just about all of them, why do you ask?  I am from Pennsylvania and my Dad and sister are huge Eagles fans, so I follow them secondary to the Panthers.  

Pressure Wentz because he has a tendency to make some stupid decisions (like the endzone int last week) when under duress).  Containment is important because he is a mobile quarterback who has made plenty of plays on the run(like the ridiculous TD throw in week 1 when scrambling for his life).  Just because you have heard this phrase before does not mean it doesn't apply.  

8 hours ago, Cat said:

Way too many people underestimating the Eagles. I haven't watched a full game but from what I've seen they look good. Questioning their wins is stupid.

Giants/Eagles was an NFC East match up - throw records out the window.   Plus Giants were playing for their season.   That game seemed to be in the bag for the Eagles till they let the Giants back in it late.

Chargers game, same thing...eagles dominated early but let the Chargers hang around.    One thing with the Eagles, we have been a bad 4th quarter team.

Archived