• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video games are dead *rant*

Toolbox

I've now played the game a bit. Finished the campaign which was too short but very enjoyable. The online gameplay is awesome and the game plays great. There's a ton of things I need to do and still don't have a solid feel for what the best way to progress is, so I'm holding off. Overall I'd say the game is great. I haven't played a FPS in a long time so I naturally suck at it. The space battles are straight awesome.

Even with mtx disabled, the loot box progression is terrible.    Game is still fun but it's not the best way to progress for sure.  

The good thing is, BF2 has been the sacrificial lamb and future games are going to think long and hard about mtx.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (read all the novels and comics) but I refuse to support Pay 2 Win. I wont buy the game and im glad gamers are taking a stand and hurting EA for this foolishness. From the reviews I've seen it sounds like EA made the progression system as random and grindy as possible to force frustrated gamers to buy loot boxes. I'm sick of this trend in gaming, it's why I don't have any games on my phone.

I'm looking to get a Switch for Christmas. From what I've researched Ninentendo hasn't gone to the dark side yet and I'm excited about Zelda and Mario.

I just got Hand of Fate 2 and I'm liking it a lot so far.

Probably will end up getting the South Park game and Dungeons 3 as well. Also, I still have Dark Souls 3 sitting there collecting dust that I'm sure I'll get around to as soon as I build up enough courage.

All in all there's plenty of good stuff out there without having to spend $60 on a game that has an agonizingly slow mobile-free-to-play-esque progression system.

Archived