• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles Week: Dried Puss, Tank Tops, and Fake Championships

SCP

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Are you going to be at the game?

Yes I am and I will be ready to shout down every green shirted tool in our stadium!  I have never had any pleasant experience with Iggles fans either in Philthy or at home.  You know I marked this one down as a must attend!!

9 minutes ago, Panthro said:

Being saved at the last minute by a treacherous bro who wants to sleep with your cousin who you think is your half sister?

I bet when little kids ask you "knock, knock", you respond "why don't you make a doorbell sound?" 

1 hour ago, Cyberjag said:

Worked a gig in Philly for six months one.  Cold AF (was over the winter) with an unforgiving wind.  Nasty streets.  Got to see someone take a poo in public (you do know there are bathrooms in the train station, right?) while I was walking to work, and when I was walking home some enterprising city worker had covered it in cat littler!  And it sat there for THREE FREAKING DAYS!!!  Thankfully when I came back the next week it was gone, figure it must have rained over the weekend.

The airport is a shithole.  The people aren't very friendly--they're not very anything, actually.  You can't buy a six-pack at the grocery store.  The food, for the most part, is ass.  SCP nailed it about that cheese-steak--you can get a better one at your typical gas station Subway.  The Dandelion is a nice restaurant, and Victory makes good beer too.  So I can say something nice if I have to.  But overall, what an awful place to live, visit, just even know about.

Several years ago SCP (known ad SoutkCakPanther or something like that back then) was going to travel to Philly for work and asked for recommendations on a bar / restaurant to eat. He wound up at Chickie and Pete's and couldn't stop raving about the cheese steaks and crab fries. I smell a fraud.  

4 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Several years ago SCP (known ad SoutkCakPanther or something like that back then) was going to travel to Philly for work and asked for recommendations on a bar / restaurant to eat. He wound up at Chickie and Pete's and couldn't stop raving about the cheese steaks and crab fries. I smell a fraud.  

Whatever, when I was there the cheesesteaks were awful.  Have you ever eaten at The Dandelion though?

3 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

Whatever, when I was there the cheesesteaks were awful.  Have you ever eaten at The Dandelion though?

I have not. Not familiar with it actually I agree on the whole Pat's, Geno's etc. cheese steaks being overrated though. When I visit,  I usually grab a cheese steak from a few local, hole in the wall places in South Jersey and they are phenomenal. People that go to the "popular" places are doing it all wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I have not. Not familiar with it actually I agree on the whole Pat's, Geno's etc. cheese steaks being overrated though. When I visit,  I usually grab a cheese steak from a few local, hole in the wall places in South Jersey and they are phenomenal. People that go to the "popular" places are doing it all wrong. 

Dandelion is downtown near Rittenhouse Square.  Check out the rabbit pie (yes, real rabbit).  Also, they have cask beer, which is pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, 5158Poundin said:

Yes I am and I will be ready to shout down every green shirted tool in our stadium!  I have never had any pleasant experience with Iggles fans either in Philthy or at home.  You know I marked this one down as a must attend!!

Where are you tailgating?  Will try to visit.

Archived