• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 Minutes 1 T.O. on their side of the field...

Catufb85

Aside from all of the other miscues leading up to the last 3 minutes of the game last night, the Panthers had the ball around midfield with 3:10 on the clock with 1 T.O. remaining and the 2 minute warning.  Any coach who has ever coached football knows that you want to score with very little time left on the clock because the opponent has already matched up and down the field on you for 28 points leading up to this point... So what does Shula do...

3 straight passing plays that ended with 3 incompletions of throws all 20+ yards down the field, 1 to CMC on a go route ball landing in the endzone...

What in the Absolute F***

3 minutes with technically 2 timeouts ball at midfield and in opponents territory and you call that horse crap... 

Literally sat in the stands scratching my head not even knowing how to feel, somehow the Eagles pull some similar crap and give us YET another opportunity and what does Shula call on 3 and 1 and 4 and 1 with the game on the line... Passing plays. 

You didn't give your 6'5 250 athletic quarterback who has all of the rushing yards in the game a chance for a oh lets say a draw? QB sneak, dive, power?

Worst playcalling Shula has ever done in my opinion in those last 3 minutes, hell maybe 4th quarter.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think you score when you have the opportunity to score and if you leave too much time on the clock and get heat so be it. 

But, I have no idea why we were chucking the ball down the field like we were in desperation mode. 

Shula’s logic almost all the time is “no way they’re going to think I’m this stupid so they’ll never expect”

We can’t run... “no way they’ll expect me to continue to run the ball in the 2nd half”

Stewart’s hands are terrible “no way they’ll expect me to throw a screen out wide for Stewart”

I could go on all day but you get the point

The guy is literally a f’n idiot

12 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Aside from all of the other miscues leading up to the last 3 minutes of the game last night, the Panthers had the ball around midfield with 3:10 on the clock with 1 T.O. remaining and the 2 minute warning.  Any coach who has ever coached football knows that you want to score with very little time left on the clock because the opponent has already matched up and down the field on you for 28 points leading up to this point... So what does Shula do...

3 straight passing plays that ended with 3 incompletions of throws all 20+ yards down the field, 1 to CMC on a go route ball landing in the endzone...

3 minutes with technically 2 timeouts ball at midfield and in opponents territory and you call that horse crap... 

Literally sat in the stands scratching my head not even knowing how to feel, somehow the Eagles pull some similar crap and give us YET another opportunity and what does Shula call on 3 and 1 and 4 and 1 with the game on the line... Passing plays. 

You didn't give your 6'5 250 athletic quarterback who has all of the rushing yards in the game a chance for a oh lets say a draw? QB sneak, dive, power?

Worst playcalling Shula has ever done in my opinion in those last 3 minutes, hell maybe 4th quarter.

Completely agree. And the fact the Panthers got a 3 and out on the Eagles and still got a second chance cannot be the excuse for what happened on that series. Eagles get one first down and it's game over.

Watching 3 passing plays down the field with all the time in the world to cover 50 yards was painful. That's on Shula, but those throws... ughhh. Cam has to shoulder some of that, too, because he was way off the mark.  

Just now, electro's horse said:

Best part of Romo is his external monologue, so you get to think what was a very good qb is thinking in the same situation.

Get to the line, plenty of time, have three plays you want to run, make quick adjustments, can still use the field, internal clock, etc. 

Cam/Shula do none of that.

Was as frustrated as ever about that.  How do we not have plays in place for that sort of thing?  At least spike the ball to save some time...I just don't get our offense...and Ron doesn't seem to care.

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Shula’s logic almost all the time is “no way they’re going to think I’m this stupid so they’ll never expect”

We can’t run... “no way they’ll expect me to continue to run the ball in the 2nd half”

Stewart’s hands are terrible “no way they’ll expect me to throw a screen out wide for Stewart”

I could go on all day but you get the point

The guy is literally a f’n idiot

This ^

1 hour ago, Catufb85 said:

Absolutely agree... with out turnovers, stupid non fg decision, losing Luke and overall sloppiness we has a great chance to still pull that out...why are we swinging for a grand slam like that. Most frustrating part of the game for me

Archived