• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keuchly [not yet, but soon] out of concussion protocol

SgtJoo

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Talking about assumptions. What's that even based off of? 

You jumped all over Joe for saying Luke wasn't playing - oops. That's all I'm talking about. Stop wasting time worrying about our media. If you hate Person then read someone else. The solution is so easy that I feel dumb telling you. 

Well I'll adjust that statement to them being terrible in general, and other teams don't matter. It was based off of my knowledge of coverage of 2 other teams that I know of based on circumstance. Patriots because I'm local and occasionally read it in the paper or hear it on the radio. And Vikings because I have a ton of family in MN, go there often and follow the team to a degree when I'm out there because of relatives being fans. Both Vikings and Patriots (the only two teams outside of the Panthers that I know about their media coverage) have much better reporting than the Panthers, it's not even close. Can't speak for other teams and yes it's a small sample size, but I highly doubt that those two teams are outliers and the rest of the teams are as bad as us too. 

I can spend the very little amount of time I do commenting on our media, as it's worth saying. If nobody said anything we'd just live with ineptitude. I don't care enough to spend any more time than I do to really try to pursue getting a change, but it's better to comment on the subject when the situation calls for it than do nothing. I don't read Person, or any other Panthers media outside of Voth occasionally and it's unfortunate because I would enjoy reading good Panthers reporting more often than I get a chance to do. 

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Well I'll adjust that statement to them being terrible in general, and other teams don't matter. It was based off of my knowledge of coverage of 2 other teams that I know of based on circumstance. Patriots because I'm local and occasionally read it in the paper or hear it on the radio. And Vikings because I have a ton of family in MN, go there often and follow the team to a degree when I'm out there because of relatives being fans. Both Vikings and Patriots (the only two teams outside of the Panthers that I know about their media coverage) have much better reporting than the Panthers, it's not even close. Can't speak for other teams and yes it's a small sample size, but I highly doubt that those two teams are outliers and the rest of the teams are as bad as us too. 

I can spend the very little amount of time I do commenting on our media, as it's worth saying. If nobody said anything we'd just live with ineptitude. I don't care enough to spend any more time than I do to really try to pursue getting a change, but it's better to comment on the subject when the situation calls for it than do nothing. I don't read Person, or any other Panthers media outside of Voth occasionally and it's unfortunate because I would enjoy reading good Panthers reporting more often than I get a chance to do. 

Not reading will do more than your comments about them on the Huddle. 

If you don't know where else to find good content then you're just not trying. But you're also the guy who didn't come hang out with a ton of Panthers fans when they were in your own town that they only come to once every eight years, so it doesn't surprise me. Horses can only be led to water. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

The average huddler can’t even read but leave it up to them to be the first to read inbetween the lines 

The problem is Person apparently isn't thinking. Wearing pads alone doesn't suggest a damn thing. It certainly doesn't suggest that he cleared the protocol, which is what he said. Last week, he said that individual drills suggested stage three. Wrong again. That's stage four. At the time of the writing, no one had given any indication that he'd cleared. If he has not cleared, wearing pads used to contact a player or object does, however, suggest stage five, the only stage any contact is allowed. The point is, this isn't a one time thing. As someone else said, it's almost as if he is just wagging it and never read the protocol.

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Not reading will do more than your comments about them on the Huddle. 

If you don't know where else to find good content then you're just not trying. But you're also the guy who didn't come hang out with a ton of Panthers fans when they were in your own town that they only come to once every eight years, so it doesn't surprise me. Horses can only be led to water. 

None of it will do anything ultimately, and I already don't read. But I'm interested enough to share my opinion on here on our reporting every once in a while, especially in a topic where that's where the discussion is heading. 

Maybe we have different standards of good content... I wanted to go, but the timing just didn't line up. It became impossible for me to get to the game before 12:30ish that morning due to a work situation that came up. I'm sorry meeting up with you guys wasn't higher on my list of priorities. And it's hardly the only opportunity in 8 years...

34 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Did we actually ever get an answer on whether or not he had a concussion? Does being in the protocol mean that he 100% had one or simply that they were concerned he did?

It means that he either had one, or, at bare minimum, that one could not be ruled out. He had a full battery of tests and an examination, in the locker room, and afterwards. Although other injuries can sometimes mimic concussive symptoms, given his history, and examination by two neurologists specially trained in football concussion Dx/Tx, far more likely than not, that's number three (that we know of).

Archived