• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Told you so..

WOW!!

2 minutes ago, beastson said:

What Samuel brought this team when we let him run routes in the Miami game is option route. He could sit down and pick up 7. We just have a bunch of undrafted receivers just running around out there with not much starting experience

Atlanta run single high safety cover 1, something we've seen NUMEROUS times all year. Play-action attacks it, do we run run run and set up play-action? No. Out routes to draw the safety. Are we airing it out? Nope. You have to let that ball fly

Being undrafted has nothing to do with it, if you can play then so be it. As I was saying there are only a handful of players that can play and look good in the type of offense the Panthers run. To put it frankly, it's too simplistic and requires all units (both the run and the pass) to be working in order to be successful.

Was Cam horrible today, absolutely. Did he make a lot of poor throws, you bet he did. But asking the guy to fit the ball into an ULTRA-TIGHT window on a drag route to Olsen, a post route to Clay, or a streak to Funchess is ridiculous. These receivers are made for option routes that have out and up's and or hitch and go options in them. Asking these guys to simply be better than the opposing teams DB is not going to happen, and it won't happen with Kerley or with any other WR off the street wide because our offense is too reliant on mutiple parts to be successful. For example: if our run game isn't working, you don't see Shula call quick curls to encourage the defense to play press. Adittionally, when an opposing defense plays press coverage we never run the out and up's or hitch and go options. I don't even remember the last time I saw one of our wide outs run a double move. Shula asks our guys to run simple route combos hoping to find a hole in the defense that won't be there because our run game can't get going.

Would Atlanta even bite on that play action today, it's doubtful as McCaffrey averaged 2.3 ypc and Artis-Payne 3.2. Our run game wasn't a threat at all, in order for the play action to even remotely be a threat your running game has to be a threat.

In our best offensive performances (375+ yards), our running game was on point.

@ New England: Stewart- 4.9 ypc

vs. Miami: Artis-Payne- 9.7 ypc, Stewart- 6.5 ypc, McCaffrey- 4.4 ypc

vs. Green Bay: McCaffrey- 5.3 ypc

In those games we ran the ball well and in case you were wondering Cam was a combined 63/95 (66%) for 812 yards and 11 TD's/1 INT

When our run game is on, our receivers can get open and make up for the shitty play calling of our OC. When the run game is non-existent, asking our receivers to run their same routes while hoping for the same results is just a form of insanity.

46 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This very well could be the DUMBEST thing I’ve ever read on the huddle

1. I've seen some of your posts, you might want to stop talking.

2. Ginn even stated that the move was his. It's something he threw into the actual hitch and go route, a route you see Shula never call.(http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000291593/article/how-carolina-panthers-ted-ginn-beat-darrelle-revis)

31 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Being undrafted has nothing to do with it, if you can play then so be it. As I was saying there are only a handful of players that can play and look good in the type of offense the Panthers run. To put it frankly, it's too simplistic and requires all units (both the run and the pass) to be working in order to be successful.

Was Cam horrible today, absolutely. Did he make a lot of poor throws, you bet he did. But asking the guy to fit the ball into an ULTRA-TIGHT window on a drag route to Olsen, a post route to Clay, or a streak to Funchess is ridiculous. These receivers are made for option routes that have out and up's and or hitch and go options in them. Asking these guys to simply be better than the opposing teams DB is not going to happen, and it won't happen with Kerley or with any other WR off the street wide because our offense is too reliant on mutiple parts to be successful. For example: if our run game isn't working, you don't see Shula call quick curls to encourage the defense to play press. Adittionally, when an opposing defense plays press coverage we never run the out and up's or hitch and go options. I don't even remember the last time I saw one of our wide outs run a double move. Shula asks our guys to run simple route combos hoping to find a hole in the defense that won't be there because our run game can't get going.

Would Atlanta even bite on that play action today, it's doubtful as McCaffrey averaged 2.3 ypc and Artis-Payne 3.2. Our run game wasn't a threat at all, in order for the play action to even remotely be a threat your running game has to be a threat.

In our best offensive performances (375+ yards), our running game was on point.

@ New England: Stewart- 4.9 ypc

vs. Miami: Artis-Payne- 9.7 ypc, Stewart- 6.5 ypc, McCaffrey- 4.4 ypc

vs. Green Bay: McCaffrey- 5.3 ypc

In those games we ran the ball well and in case you were wondering Cam was a combined 63/95 (66%) for 812 yards and 11 TD's/1 INT

When our run game is on, our receivers can get open and make up for the shitty play calling of our OC. When the run game is non-existent, asking our receivers to run their same routes while hoping for the same results is just a form of insanity.

Atlanta run game sucked too and they ran playaction. It's not all about it working. All that's needed is that pause of being faked to come help the run. A lot of cover 1 is keeping the SS in the box for us

And dismissing undrafted guys, multiple at that as if it's not a problem is crazy. If you think we can just win a SB with a bunch of undrafted guys, think again my friend. Just having a true number 1 player can change our offense just like having Norman and his play changed our entire passing defense

4 minutes ago, beastson said:

Atlanta run game sucked too and they ran playaction. It's not all about it working. All that's needed is that pause of being faked to come help the run. A lot of cover 1 is keeping the SS in the box for us

And dismissing undrafted guys, multiple at that as if it's not a problem is crazy. If you think we can just win a SB with a bunch of undrafted guys, think again my friend. Just having a true number 1 player can change our offense just like having Norman and his play changed our entire passing defense

Only Belicheck can do that,...

22 minutes ago, beastson said:

We run a different defensive scheme than Atlanta so it's hard to compare offensive success or lack there of. We played a deep zone today and the Falcons took advantage at 11 yards per pass. The Falcons switched it up between press and off-man and we just ran the same thing regardless of their scheme.

And my argument was that unless we have a true number one it doesn't matter who we trot out on that field, they won't be able to overcome poor coaching.

41 minutes ago, beastson said:

One of our biggest problems is Cam is always in the shotgun/we don't run enough under center plays.

We should be doing the bootleg and roll outs at least 5 times a game but......SHULAED again.

Also there was a writeup forget by who that showed how shitty our passing game is based on the way they have Cam lining up in that shotgun. He lines up deep then drops even deeper which kills timing and spacing as when you have certain routes they aren't supposed to be thrown from that far back with that many steps when you're already in the gun.....probably explains some of the WTF and random looking throws that make no sense....most even nitwit OCs have the plays down to that level to where each step matters and is accounted for in the play and if you've seen some of the Patriots media stuff they've talked about that kind of thing.

Archived