• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rod Chudzinski

15 minutes ago, nosuchthingasapanther said:

he had no choice....same way he had no choice but to keep rivera.

gettleman came on, he was told how it was going to be and what he was going to do. as soon as he stopped towing the line...he was gone.

So true.  Guess what.  JR isn't calling the shots anymore.  Maybe, just maybe Hurney gets the balls and fires Shula when we do have a poor performance.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

With the firing a Pagano in Indy Chudsinski is probably going to be available.

Chudz was a Hurney hire and Shula was a Gettleman hire.  Maybe Hurney brings back his guy.

Our offense was very dynamic with Chudz and as much as many of us hated is complexity it is far better than the Shula creativity.

Would you Welcome Chudz back with the Defense we have now?.  In 2011 and 2012 we absolutely sucked defensively.   Now we have a top tier defense and Chudz would put us back on top offensively.

Thoughts?

I’d rather win games and bitch about Shula...

than lose games with Chud and talk about how cool that trick play was in a losing effort. 

Just a reminder, under Shula.

51-28-1, postseason play in 4 of 5 seasons and a Super Bowl appearance.   Is he the main driving force? Nah.  But his method is something Ron wins with.  Ron is a defensive HC and Shula ball allows Ron to win his way. 

now compare the success Chid teams have had since 2011.  There is no reason anyone should want Chud ball over Shula ball. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’d rather win games and bitch about Shula...

than lose games with Chud and talk about how cool that trick play was in a losing effort. 

Just a reminder, under Shula.

51-28-1, postseason play in 4 of 5 seasons and a Super Bowl appearance.   Is he the main driving force? Nah.  But his method is something Ron wins with.  Ron is a defensive HC and Shula ball allows Ron to win his way. 

now compare the success Chid teams have had since 2011.  There is no reason anyone should want Chud ball over Shula ball. 

It wasn't the offense that was the problem.  We couldn't stop anyone. Chudz wasn't running the defense.

Shula benefited for the same reason.  Defense got better offense had to score less.

Shula couidn't carry Chudzinski's jock strap.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It wasn't the offense that was the problem.  We couldn't stop anyone. Chudz wasn't running the defense.

Shula benefited for the same reason.  Defense got better offense had to score less.

You’ve forgotten how awful Chud was in 2012 when he had zone read fever. 

The reality is, we do need an upgrade at OC. But within that reality is the truth that some fans here just refuse to admit. Between two GM's in the last year, we have done our offense few favors. Now we're stuck with one of the worst WR corps in the league in the midst of a crucial postseason. I'm done hearing about JR forcing someone's hand. That is pure huddle revisionist history, and quite frankly laughable. We had sound bytes here of Gettleman catch phrases that you could embed into posts, and fans fawned over his attitude and brash demeanor, but he was a puppet? Please stop.

As for Chud, I remember the struggles with establishing a run game from him too. We aren't going to solve these problems by looking for more retreads. It's time to evolve.

39 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Again, we win with Shula.  Greatest window of success in franchise history. 

Part of the reason Shula benefits from good D.....is he plays to the freaking D unlike Chud.  Part of the reason our D dominants is the boring Shula ball.   They are fresh.  They don’t live on the field.  Shula controls the ball. 

we EASILY could of exchanged Shula for Chud the last 5 years and won less games despite him being more creative. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Again, we win with Shula.  Greatest window of success in franchise history. 

Part of the reason Shula benefits from good D.....is he plays to the freaking D unlike Chud.  Part of the reason our D dominants is the boring Shula ball.   They are fresh.  They don’t live on the field.  Shula controls the ball. 

we EASILY could of exchanged Shula for Chud the last 5 years and won less games despite him being more creative. 

Debatable. 

One of the reasons Shula was promoted was he was supposed to keep the offense but simplify it.   He didn't do what he was hired to do.  He changed the offense completely.  

Worse trait of all.  He has zero, I say again zero adjustment ability. 

Clearly a fan of Shula, I am not.  

All these 'what-ifs' are not taking into account the most important factor: nothing is happening until new ownership is named. We can play the guessing game but we have absolutely no clue what direction this franchise is going because we have no idea who will be making these decisions. The new owner could fire Rivera if he wanted. 

We need to hope that the sale and transition occurs pronto after the season because if it drags out it will only hurt us strategically. A little part of me believes Richardson made his decision to sell publicly to help the franchise so that potential buyers can have their bids ready first day of offseason. I may be wrong but I bet he already has a list of finalists that he will seriously listen to.

Archived