• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Group Eyeing Panthers Buy - This Thread is Informative

Jimmy

14 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I chuckle at the football purist rage posts about having to play in the elements or it isn't real football. We're in North Carolina dude. Calm down.

there are a lot of football purists who say expansion teams aren't real football, so people need to calm themselves down with that sorta dumb stuff

From what I understood, the reason Charlotte hasn't hosted a Super Bowl is bc the local transportation system was lacking when compared to other cities. Something that has been in the works to get better.

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/20945/roger-goodell-says-infrastructure-is-charlottes-biggest-obstacle-to-hosting-a-super-bowl

2 hours ago, dldove77 said:

Serious question: do you actually attend games? 

I would probably stop attending games if they built a dome. 

The thought of Charlotte taxpayers spending two billion on a stadium with the hopes of hosting one Super Bowl ever is ludicrous. Especially when BOA is still an incredible open air stadium. I go to many games at home and on the road. The thinking that a dome is needed is beyond awful. 

Question did you attend games in Clemson? Has your family owned PSLs since the Panthers were born? Does your family name reside on the Panthers outside the stadium? 

I'm guessing not and it's why you think a dome is a bad idea. 

14 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Think some people are going to have to realize “Dome” stadiums are the new craze now. It’s all about the money and Domes bring in more bank. That’s just how the real world works. So it’s a matter of when not if.

Domes represent massive debt and there are warning signs the NFL is on the decline. Its risky business

40 minutes ago, bull123 said:

While we all appreciate that sabates has Charlotte ties, I say he is doing a lot of posturing publicly to get what he personally wants

I already hate the guy, literally.  I was ambivalent or even maybe liked what I knew of the guy a month ago.  His statements are so out of touch with reality it’s mind numbing.

40 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

I don't want a dome...

If the new owner is going to bend the city over, maybe the city should just buy the team and save some money.

The new owner would also need to bring MLS and MLB to also play in said dome to keep the legions of public outrage from overflowing in these hypothetical scenarios.  Not gonna happen.

Archived