• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will probably win this game, but don't act like a silly goose

frash.exe

The Bucs are awful. They haven't won a game since last year before BOA stadium. Freeman is nowhere near ready to start, Leftwich is continuing his legacy of mediocrity that started when he played in Jacksonville, and the formula for Josh Johnson is simple: Pressure the living poo out of him.

After another unsuccessful drive, Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Johnson walked over to the sideline and asked his coaches for some advice. Johnson, making his second career start, had anticipated a heavy Eagles pass rush. But nothing like this. Not nearly every play.

The Buccaneers' coaches didn't have much of an answer.

"They said they've never seen it happen before, where a team just constantly brings everyone," Johnson said.

Neither had Sheldon Brown.

"This is by far the most we've ever blitzed since I've been here," said Brown, the Eagles' cornerback in his eighth season. "By far."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20091012_Josh_Johnson_overwhelmed.html

basically even if he gets the pass out before the blitz gets there he's not that refined of a quarterback that'll make you pay for rushing extra defenders in the first place.

The defense is sorely missing Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber is way past his prime and Gaines Adams has not lived up to the expectations of a top 5 pick at all. Their interior line is as porous as ours is without the injuries, and Raheem Morris cannot get this young unpolished team prepared for gameday.

In other words, the Bucs suck. Plain and simple. They're rebuilding. And they're the worst competition we've faced yet this season.

They're an easy out. If this was boxing they'd be the quintessential tomato can. they will most likely fall easy and inflate Jake's stats and Smith's and Williams and Stewart, while the defense gives up less than 200 yards.

So if/when we do win and get to 2-3, be happy, please, commend Jake that he can at least beat an NFL secondary. But don't announce that he's back and all us doubters were wrong. Commend Fox if you must for adequately gameplanning, but don't talk about how he's still an above average coach and this means the team is back and ready to make the playoffs, because they've got a shitload more to prove and a shitload more work to do to get to that level.

The Bucs are awful. They haven't won a game since last year at BOA stadium. Freeman is nowhere near ready to start, Leftwich is continuing his legacy of mediocrity that started when he played in Jacksonville, and the formula for Josh Johnson is simple: Pressure the living poo out of him.

They didn't win at BOA stadium last season,that was the monday night game we blew them out running the ball all over them

I admit Bucs are awful. But where is the pressure going to come from. Peppers played good this past game. But will he show up this sunday. If peppers only shows up to collect the game check. Then we have no kind of pressure coming from the front four. We already know Ron meeks will not really blitz at all unless he has to. So if pepper don't show ready to play then carolina D will get burnt. If he shows then we have a good chance of winning. That goes the same for carolina offense to. If they show up and play good then we win. If they don't we are screwed. All of a matter in which team shows up this sunday to play. The good panthers are bad ones.

I just get the feeling a lot of people are setting themselves up here for some serious dissapointment.

I mean I hope we win, but we have looked borderline anaemic on offense. How any one can say we definately will win this game I just do not know. We have one win, which came about in a few very fortunate circumstances NOT because of great play.

Do I expect us to win? Of course, but I would not be surprised if we do not.

I admit Bucs are awful. But where is the pressure going to come from. Peppers played good this past game. But will he show up this sunday. If peppers only shows up to collect the game check. Then we have no kind of pressure coming from the front four. We already know Ron meeks will not really blitz at all unless he has to. So if pepper don't show ready to play then carolina D will get burnt. If he shows then we have a good chance of winning. That goes the same for carolina offense to. If they show up and play good then we win. If they don't we are screwed. All of a matter in which team shows up this sunday to play. The good panthers are bad ones.

We have blitzed a fair bit this season and our LBs are picking up sacks...

We are not a bad team. We are actually a talented team that plays well for stretches but not for long enough to sustain drives or avoid mishaps and turnovers.

Just as our team didn't deserve all the crap dished out by the haters after the Eagles debacle, it doesn't deserve profuse praise if it beats Tampa on Sunday by the homers.

Still a win on the road against a divisional foe is precious whenever you can get it no matter how bad they are. And anyone that doesn't know that can hardly claim any great football wisdom.

So I will be very happy if we beat the Bucs this Sunday. Will it fix everything?

For one week it will!!!!!

Archived