• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With new ownership will we finally stop this whole only drafting choirboy thing?

GoobyPls

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's no indication that Richardson beat up or sexually assaulted anybody. The man is in his 80s for crying out loud.

Richardson is a creepy old man for sure, but not a wife beater or a rapist.

Sexual assault can be mental as well as physical.  Telling some young lady to twirl for you  in tight jeans and rub your 80 year old feet. while you hold their lively hood in your hands.. Might been seen as mental abuse in America..  Look it up Scott before posting.  

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Winning NFL games is difficult enough as it is. If, on top of all the other obstacles that exist, you put yourself in the position of having to depend on somebody who at any moment might do something idiotic and get himself suspended, you're gambling with several million dollars.

It's not worth it.

Your football club shouldn’t be depending on late rounders, again I’m not advocating spending a 1-3rd on anyone with red flags

31 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Sexual assault can be mental as well as physical.  Telling some young lady to twirl for you  in tight jeans and rub your 80 year old feet. while you hold their lively hood in your hands.. Might been seen as mental abuse in America..  Look it up Scott before posting.  

If we have a draft prospect who's accused of asking women for foot rubs, talk to me then.

I am against bringing in talent that has major issues coming out of college.  You see everyday on ESPN, NFL Network and other sites of players under scruntiny and that is a distraction.

What I would do is at least bring them in and have a nice long chat with them.  Cam was our #1 pick and he spent days meeting with JR and others in management before we drafted him.  He gave them a clear picture of who he was.  He panned out but drugs and abuse are a major concern for anyone especially drugs.  It isn't like they can just stop on an addictive drug.   Especially when they will have the money to buy any drug they would want.

Bring them in and put the pressure on and see if he is BSing us or did he make a bad decision and has learned his lesson.

You want a culture in the locker room of good hardworking players.  I personnally think we do a great job creating a good atomsphere in our locker room.

Our fan base is full of moms and dads of young children who have zero tolerance for bad boy type players. When Hardy went through his scandal the Panthers' secretaries were completely overwhelmed with round the clock phone calls from Mr. Mom Panthers fans who wanted Hardy off the team immediately. In bringing in a bad boy you run the risk of a scandal upsetting the moms, dads, and Milquetoast grandpas who will loose their poo on the phone complaining to no end.

Having said that I want a SB win for the Panthers. That is top priority for me. I don't care at all about scandals. If a bad boy WR is the missing piece, then so be it. Get him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we have a draft prospect who's accused of asking women for foot rubs, talk to me then.

Yeah keep doing that American BS of disregarding crimes to make some feel better than others. . You get on your soap box for one crime do the same for another..

9 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I need examples of cases where this has hurt a football club. Raiders and dolphins made some pretty risky moves on guys in the 1st recently, although that’s way too risky for my blood, both have recieved very little blow back

Greg Hardy.  We ended up down a man for 15 games directly due to his off field issues.  

Archived