• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why you should be excited about Turner

Snake

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I love Cam but have a much more realistic idea of his strengths and weaknesses. Nut huggers like you are ridiculous. No Cam hasn't had great weapons but let's be real here. He missed wide open guys routinely and frequently would throw into double coverage when he had a man wide open in the flat multiple times. Against Atlanta he started off 0-9 which apparently was a franchise record. Try being more reasonable and maybe you would have some credibility.

You speak nothing but the truth in this thread...and thats reality.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The current staff won't be around long enough to switch schemes if this effort doesn't work.  It's one last hail Mary for old Ron.

It may be the same for many players as well. Think about it. Whose contract is also going to be up in a few years. The reality is that I think this change is as much to energize the offense as it is to determine whether Cam can make the shift to a pocket passer. We all agree that he can't keep running and taking all this abuse. When we tried last year to change him it was a miserable failure. So changing staff is in order to hopefully help Cam make the transition. But what if he struggles. Anyone think that he will be worth 20-25 million a year as a drop back passer based on his work until present. New owners will  have no loyalty to coaches or players. No one is safe including Cam. There was a reason we kept  3 quarterbacks on the 53 roster. Hopefully the offense and Cam do amazingly this year. But those wishing that Ron leaves in a few years because he is holding Cam back might be surprised to see them both leave together. 

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

It may be the same for many players as well. Think about it. Whose contract is also going to be up in a few years. The reality is that I think this change is as much to energize the offense as it is to determine whether Cam can make the shift to a pocket passer. We all agree that he can't keep running and taking all this abuse. When we tried last year to change him it was a miserable failure. So changing staff is in order to hopefully help Cam make the transition. But what if he struggles. Anyone think that he will be worth 20-25 million a year as a drop back passer based on his work until present. New owners will  have no loyalty to coaches or players. No one is safe including Cam. There was a reason we kept  3 quarterbacks on the 53 roster. Hopefully the offense and Cam do amazingly this year. But those wishing that Ron leaves in a few years because he is holding Cam back might be surprised to see them both leave together. 

It's certainly possible.  You never know what will happen with the new owners.  Not everyone is a Cam fan as you know.  That includes coaches as well.  It sure will be interesting to see how it plays out 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's certainly possible.  You never know what will happen with the new owners.  Not everyone is a Cam fan as you know.  That includes coaches as well.  It sure will be interesting to see how it plays out 

Very interesting I think!!!

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Ya... I’m not sure...

He had his worst year of his career under Norv, I’m not sure he’d want to go down that road again especially since he’ll have other options. 

But who knows 

Then he won’t come.  He’ll go elsewhere.  The world still turns.

Archived