• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets have made Kemba Available for Trade

AppHeel

8 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

LOL, that's the problem. He's good, not great. No player wants to come join a good player, and be an average team in the shitty East. 

But you didn’t answer. I get what you’re saying, but who we gonna get if we trade him? Who’d want to come here without him?

18 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

But you didn’t answer. I get what you’re saying, but who we gonna get if we trade him? Who’d want to come here without him?

Just a Top 10 pick would be perfect, honestly. I want something to build around. If we get him for peanuts, then it's not worth it. But, getting rid of Batum's awful contract could be worth it. 

53 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

Just a Top 10 pick would be perfect, honestly. I want something to build around. If we get him for peanuts, then it's not worth it. But, getting rid of Batum's awful contract could be worth it. 

Yes dumping batums would be nice, but not at the expense of Kemba. I get it would be hard just with batums, but there has to be another way.

16 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yes dumping batums would be nice, but not at the expense of Kemba. I get it would be hard just with batums, but there has to be another way.

What I really want is two top 10 picks, ideally. One being Trae Young (I think he falls, because teams will over analyze and act like idiots), and 2 another possible building piece. I think we could do that, realistically trading Kemba to a team that's under performing at the trade deadline, or to the Cavs for the Nets pick, and maybe Isiah Thomas (and we could just drop him after this Season). I know it's a dream world I live in, but doesn't it sound so good?  

Thats the problem with trading Kemba no team with a draft pick worth getting will want to move that for him. Only the cavs with the brooklyn pick are a contender with a potential top 10 pick that could use his boost. So if we do end up moving kemba its gonna end up being for a subpar deal just to unload one or more of the bad contracts. 

I dont know what we should do but blowing it all up for not top 5 picks is just not worth it at this time for me as the team has struggled with draft picks in general and I have no hope of anything working out especially picks outside the top 10.

29 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

What I really want is two top 10 picks, ideally. One being Trae Young (I think he falls, because teams will over analyze and act like idiots), and 2 another possible building piece. I think we could do that, realistically trading Kemba to a team that's under performing at the trade deadline, or to the Cavs for the Nets pick, and maybe Isiah Thomas (and we could just drop him after this Season). I know it's a dream world I live in, but doesn't it sound so good?  

Well kemba is my favorite player so no haha. But I get what you’re saying.

Bold prediction we package Kemba/Dwight ship them to Cleveland for Thompson/Isiah/Frye and that Brooklyn lottery pick.

Lebron is going to get his big trade wish, and unfortunately it will be with us.

So long Kemba, hope you and Dwight win the Championship you deserve in Cleveland.

48 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I actually dont hate the Isiah Thomas, Frye and Brooklyn pick for Kemba.   I doubt the Cavs do that.

Thomas is only 1 yr older than Kemba.  Also, expiring contract as is Frye.  That pick means 2 lottery picks.

Thats a good deal for Charlotte.

This is the only trade I would be ok with.  If we lose Howard in the deal too that would be ideal. Lose pretty much every game left and hope we get 1 top 3 pick and again at 7/8. Anything less than a top 10 pick and expiring contracts would be idiotic.

52 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I actually dont hate the Isiah Thomas, Frye and Brooklyn pick for Kemba.   I doubt the Cavs do that.

Thomas is only 1 yr older than Kemba.  Also, expiring contract as is Frye.  That pick means 2 lottery picks.

Thats a good deal for Charlotte.

I actually would throw the fug up if they made that garbage deal ..

Archived