• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Begin Conducting GM Interviews This Week

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Who will be conducting the interviews, Hurney?

Seriously. This makes no sense at all without new ownership in place.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if this is anything other than JR working the puppet strings from behind the curtain and giving Hurney a contract that will see him retire well. I just hope new ownership will come in and tear that contract up, write him a check, and then conduct a real GM search.

Just now, jayflip said:

Jimmy Raye III satisfies the Rooney Rule, and I’ve never heard his name pop up as a potential GM candidate, ever, so I’m bracing for the inevitable. 

He was a GM candidate for the Texans. 

I am assuming it is Hurneys job to lose but let’s see how this goes. We were all shocked when Shula was let go. Miracles do happen. 

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Pretty sure Tina Becker is the one who will be making the decision on next GM, and it's very possible she doesn't stick with Hurney. Atleast I'm hoping she doesn't. We'll see what happens.

I just wonder if it's actually her decision or if JR is still working those puppet strings. If she wants a future as an executive in the NFL, she won't hire Marty Hurney. No one else gave Hurney so much as a glance when we finally fired him. Just like Mike Shula.

Archived