• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lake Dawson Has Second Interview With Panthers For GM Job

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...our momentum from the Turner hire is moving towards a SB...Hurney or whoever is hired wont stop that momentum...cant stop that momentum...

Yes they could if we walk completely unprepared into FA and the draft. Right now someone should be trying to resign the Buffalo and Star but it's not happening because of JR and his cronies. 

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yes they could if we walk completely unprepared into FA and the draft. Right now someone should be trying to resign the Buffalo and Star but it's not happening because of JR and his cronies. 

even that wont stop us...breathe, everything is fine and is going to be fine...

1 hour ago, Snake said:

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.  Rivera and Becky and the teams lawyers could be writing up contracts right now for all you know.

27 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's been reported that free agency plans are already set and Marty being out of the building has no real affect on that right now.  There is a team of people that handles FA and most of that work is done. The one thing that would change that up a bit is if a new GM is brought on. 

As far as Norwell, they are supposedly exploring all options to getting him resigned and it's a top priority. 

16 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

I want new blood because it's crazy how Hurney has failed at the basic duties of a GM. But seems to be getting another shot. 

IMO GMs shouldn't be graded about 1st rounders, there 1st rounders that SHOULD be the easy part. They should be praised by finding the later round gems consistently and managing the cap to continually keep a franchise competitive. And these are the things I feel like Hurney has shown he can't do. 

IMO Drafting is about your entire team.  Scouting, Coaching input, investigators, relationships with college coaches that are going to give you the real low down on playerst, etc.   Also luck has to play a part.  The Saints with same GM/Coach, picked their best draft class ever after whiffing on many of the prior years. 

Also the state of the team has a lot to do with.  Take for instance today.  Everyone is clamoring for Hurney to resign Norwell and Starr,  this was the same as everyone clamoring for Double trouble and CJ during the Hurney 1st stint.   I think the truly indefensible signing was Jake Delhomme and I'm no sure that wasn't JR making it happen. 

I think everyone has seen what happens when you don't sign who the owner tells you to sign or re-sign.   So the question should be, will we have the pieces in place to run an effective draft/FA period.  Along with someone with the knowledge of cap space etc. to not only make it happen but keep us competitive moving forward.  Hurney knows the cap because he was able to keep all the players we were trying to keep.  The only issue is has Hurney learned that there are players 2 expensive to keep.  Gettleman was the extreme in the other direction.   

Until this team can get a younger defense and some playmakers at the wr position. The Panthers will be the 3rd best team in the division. They have one of the older defenses with no true playmakers outside of luke and lets be honest, he needs playmakers around that line to be effective. 6-10 next season most likely. Hope they can fix these issues in the off-season.

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

i'm not crazy about the fact that all of our candidates have worked exclusively for loser teams, from what ive seen.

He was there for the Titans rebuild that put them where they’re at right now. The Bills draft was decent too this past year and they got into the playoffs. 

Archived