• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks asking for a 1st for Thomas

Nails

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A first rounder is basically a 5 year starter for cheap. You don't give that up for a 29 year old. 

Unless you're Gettleman and want to bolster LB and DT instead of actual impacting starters.

Oh to go back in time and take Landon Collins and Hunter Henry. Sigh.

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

This year's talent reminds me of the 2015 draft. I believe if you are going to trade your first for an elite player... this is the year to do it. Thomas has been the best safety in the league for three years running.

If you want to win a SB in the next two-three years he is not a bad addition.

They're assuring if they lose Thomas that they will get Derwin James. This would be a bad move.

A 1st Rounder is a lot to give up even for a player like Earl Thomas at this stage with his age and injury history.  Guys that play with that level of physicality don't like past 30... Look at Troy Palamalu or even his own teammate in Kam Chancellor.

Besides, safety is way like RB than WR or CB in that rookies can come in and have an immediate impact

Even though I would love to have Mathieu, I would rather take someone like Ron Parker, Mike Mitchell, or even Tre Boston and draft someone as a long-term replacement or even kick the can again down the road before blowing up the salary cap.

Archived