• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks asking for a 1st for Thomas

Nails

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Can't see them getting it. Not for a 28 year old safety in the last year of his contract who will need a new deal and who's body might be giving out on him. He's been pretty fragile the last two seasons.

He has had a bruised heel and a broken leg the last two years right?

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He has had a bruised heel and a broken leg the last two years right?

Not sure what his issues were but he was mulling retirement at one point. Now whether that was real due to the injuries or other factors or just frustration at the time, who knows.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A first rounder is basically a 5 year starter for cheap. You don't give that up for a 29 year old. 

This year's talent reminds me of the 2015 draft. I believe if you are going to trade your first for an elite player... this is the year to do it. Thomas has been the best safety in the league for three years running.

If you want to win a SB in the next two-three years he is not a bad addition.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure what his issues were but he was mulling retirement at one point. Now whether that was real due to the injuries or other factors or just frustration at the time, who knows.

It was emotions. You are correct. He broke his leg against us breaking up a pass. The bruised heel was a nagging injury last year but he still ended up being the best FS in the league.  Where our defense is at age wise and talent, I would probably ship our 1st out for him and a 3rd

*as long as we come to terms on a new 3 year extension*

Archived