• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bidding reaches 2.5 Billion, Rubin out.

panther4life

Just now, thomas96 said:

Rubin was the one who had Combs and Curry in his group, yes? If so good I'm glad they're out. Navarro and Tepper were both better options than him in my eyes too. Will have to research the new names some more.

Now lets hope the bidding weeds out Sebates

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Rubin was the one who had Combs and Curry in his group, yes? If so good I'm glad they're out. Navarro and Tepper were both better options than him in my eyes too. Will have to research the new names some more.

Don't know if that was ever official but word was he was trying to get them on board.

1 minute ago, joeyxfresco said:

Now lets hope the bidding weeds out Sebates

Well he was my biggest concern but realistically he never ever stood a chance and I'm pretty sure it was "reported" (loosely) several weeks ago that he was already out.

Just now, thomas96 said:

Well he was my biggest concern but realistically he never ever stood a chance and I'm pretty sure it was "reported" (loosely) several weeks ago that he was already out.

I don't think he was ever actually "in".

Reading between the lines, it sounds like his bid hinged on him securing a "heavy hitter" as majority owner and nobody signed on.

11 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

damn jim goodnight would be great.  he's an NC man through and through and SAS is considered one of the best companies in the world to work for

I’ve got a homeboy I went to school with who’s an engineer for them now. He loves it. I tried hard as hell to get on, and even had an interview. Just wasn’t in the cards.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think he was ever actually "in".

Reading between the lines, it sounds like his bid hinged on him securing a "heavy hitter" as majority owner and nobody signed on.

That’s what I was getting at. Let’s hope it stayed that way 

7 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

This is totally a “boys with toys” ego purchase and anyone expecting it to make economic sense has droppd out.

Doesn't make economic sense?

I don't know about that, JR is about to make a killing off his "toy".

Richardson paid $206 million in 1993 for the rights to start the team

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/18/news/companies/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-sale-billions/index.html

Archived