• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Have Offered Pick #23 For Odell Beckham Jr.

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

If a 1st and 3rd, plus dumping Kalil and Shepard is all it would take I'd be upset if Marty didn't at least try. A lot of our cap is freeing up after next season so long term is not an issue. One of the top receivers in the game is up for grabs and we're out here nitpicking his behavior. I gotta ease off this board for awhile this thread is bad for my blood pressure man.

Gettlemen ain't gonna deal him to the Panthers.  Not if that offer exists elsewhere 

1 hour ago, joemac said:

That's what happens when the core of their team are ALL on their rookie deals. Reality is going to slap them in the face in a year or 2, but this year screw it.....go all in.

This. Having a quality QB in particular on a rookie contract is a HUGE advantage. Quality QBs cost 10-15% of your salary cap by themselves these days.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Giants have reportedly asked for two first-rounders.

I just can't see them getting that. I don't see a team parting with two 1st round picks plus handing OBJ the franchise QB type contract he's looking for. That's without even considering the off field stuff. That's just from a pure football/business perspective. 

I also don't see Gettleman giving him that franchise QB type contract either. I think he's either traded or we're looking at another franchise tag showdown next year.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't see them getting that. I don't see a team parting with two 1st round picks plus handing OBJ the franchise QB type contract he's looking for. That's without even considering the off field stuff. That's just from a pure football/business perspective. 

I also don't see Gettleman giving him that franchise QB type contract either. I think he's either traded or we're looking at another franchise tag showdown next year.

Well, there was a team dumb enough to give up two first-rounders for Sean Gilbert once.

I suspect that price is a haggle starting point.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Well, there was a team dumb enough to give up two first-rounders for Sean Gilbert once.

I suspect that price is a haggle starting point.

And how did that work out? There's a reason why franchise tagged players are almost never signed away by amother team. Has it happened since Gilbert? Virtually no one is worth a massive contract plus two 1st round picks. I would argue that only a franchise QB in his prime would be potentially worth that.

I could maybe see that Rams throwing in an extra future 3rd or something along those lines but two 1sts?  Nah. Not gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And how did that work out? There's a reason why franchise tagged players are almost never signed away by amother team. Has it happened since Gilbert? Virtually no one is worth a massive contract plus two 1st round picks. I would argue that only a franchise QB in his prime would be potentially worth that.

I could maybe see that Rams throwing in an extra future 3rd or something along those lines but two 1sts?  Nah. Not gonna happen.

Peerless Price went for a first and a third. I don't remember any franchise players being traded since.

Beckham will probably fetch a decent trade offer, but unless somebody is really dumb it won't be two first-rounders.

That said, never underestimate the ability of people to be dumb.

6 hours ago, CRA said:

teams have been much more stupid than that though.

maybe the Giants could just wait until his contract is up...and then let Odell just walk away and they get nothing. 

Rarely does that happen, where a player in the nfl walks for nothing, this is not the nba.

Odell is to valuable in terms of sells to trade him for a late first round pick

18 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Rarely does that happen, where a player in the nfl walks for nothing, this is not the nba.

Odell is to valuable in terms of sells to trade him for a late first round pick

We've seen the highest paid OG in football as well as the highest paid CB in football at that time walk away from the Panthers in just the last two years.

Archived