• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Down best option

trucpfan

29 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm all for trading down

Three 2nd round picks 

Two 3rd round picks

We could snag a CB, S, WR, TE, RB

That would be amazing 

It's only two 2nds but we have early picks trading with Indy or Clev or a later first and 1 2nd rounder 43 instead of 55 our current pick trading with NE for slight clarity 

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

It's only two 2nds but we have early picks trading with Indy or Clev or a later first and 1 2nd rounder 43 instead of 55 our current pick testing with NE for slight clarity 

my bad, good catch 

still I'll take four picks in the first three rounds 

1 hour ago, joeyxfresco said:

To draft a CB we have no interest in 

*edit*

Malik Jefferson could be a good option for them that’s likely gone in the 2nd 

I don’t think he’s a guy worth jumping back into the first for. Da’Ron Payne though will be a target for Falcs and Saints. If we can trade back with a team that needs a run stuffer and screw them I will feel pretty great.

I don't think teams have players graded on extremely precise grades.  Its not like you are going to take a LB with a 88.7 grade over the WR with a 88.6 grade.  I think it is more about groupings and tiers.

If you are on the clock at 24 and there is multiple guys left on your board with similar grades you consider trading down. 

If you get to pick 40 and one of those guys are left you consider trading up, because you are pretty sure he won't last until then and you will be picking from a lower grouping of players.

Also you can trade down to chase need while still getting value, that way you aren't reaching.

Personally I think there is going to be a grouping in that 25-35 range.  I would consider trading down and then using that capital to trade back up.

Adding picks early in the draft is a good idea and if it were to happen than I wouldn't be so upset about it.  As you said the talent between 24 and 35 there isn't much of a drop off.   

Why would Cleveland give up those picks when they will get 2 players of the same caliber as they would trading up to 24?

The only way I see us trading down is if a QB would fall all the way to 24 and a team needs to grab that QB before round 2 happens.

Pick 24 Value - 740

Pick 33 and 35 Value - 1,130

Even if we tossed in our 2nd (350) we'd still be a little short.

On top of that we'd have two players, hopefully of equal importance, who's contract would be up in 4 years instead of being able to pick up a 5th year option.

This is also assuming the Browns, or anyone, would want to trade back into the first. According to most of you the value isn't there to take anyone at 24, why would you want to trade back into the 1st if "the value isn't there"?

Archived