• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost in Space

cookinwithgas

It's a good, almost great, family drama. Kids will like it but there are a lot of adult elements, no one is stupid, there's a lot going on action and story wise to follow, and Dr. Smith is creepy as all get out. Kid who plays Will Robinson is a great actor, in fact they are all good. Mom is hot. on Netflix.

Yeah this was a really good sci-fi show, Smith is my only complaint honestly.      High quality 10 episodes though, better effects than a lot of movies coming out (Justice League, BvS, etc).     I was excited to see Toby Stephens get another role because Black Sails was fantastic.      I think Stranger Things has upped the game on kid actors and we've seen a lot better ones lately.

Whenever I see Dr Smith all I actually see is Ally Sheedys character from Breakfast Club regressing in space. She's really good at it though, and there is a real attempt to recreate the odd dynamic between Smith, Will and the Robot from the original show with the new character motivations.

Gotta let go of some science to enjoy it (tar pit) but over all a very watchable series.

Molly Parker is great and the way they adjusted the original series is overall very solid.  Its no BSG but its eminently enjoyable.

Gotta say, Netflix is really upping their game.

Just watched the first episode with my family tonight and we really enjoyed it. Nice twist on the original. There were quite a few times when we all felt the events were a bit contrived (my 9-year old son kept going, "C'mon man!" when characters did dumb things). Still, it was visually great and we'll keep tuning in this week. 

As a fan of the original series, I was glad to see this effort. The prior movie had a great cast from top to bottom, but man it fell apart with the story (I hate anything that basically revolves around time travel anymore).

I really enjoyed it. All the characters have purpose and the actors are great, especially the young actors. They do a great job. The character I enjoyed the least was Dr. Smith, not sure if it was the actor playing the role or what, just something a little off about it. Overall an excellent show...Robot is outstanding.

I must have watched something else or maybe I'm just not that into it but after the first episode I was not impressed. No connection at all to the characters and honestly the little boy annoyed the Hell out of me. I also thought the acting was cringe worthy at times especially from him. I never got into the original Lost in Space so maybe that has something to do with it. 

I don't think so: I watched every ep as a kid but just to see the props and effects, even then I knew that LIS was a goofy monster show. I thought the boy did a good job acting, more importantly; he and the rest of the kids are really smart and engaged, something most kids on TV are not these days it seems. The boy isn't saving everyone on his own at least.

13 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I tried watching the second episode last night and turned it off 20 mins in. Not sure why it’s not clicking for me. I give up. 

it's not a shock the robot is the most intriguing character. the kids are annoying. the parents know best...so 60's...

Archived